Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

21 Messages

• 

502 Points

Sun, Nov 17, 2013 3:39 AM

Upper denture gets stuck,very hard to remove.

I have to use adhesive on both my upper and lower denture in order to eat without any slipping,which causes sores if I don't use anything.What is the easiest and best way to get the upper denture out?I guess I put too much fixodent a time or two and they wouldn't budge.Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Responses

123 Messages

• 

2K Points

7 years ago

Hi Linda, an upper denture can be more difficult to remove because there's more surface area touching your gums and the roof of your mouth.  As Fixodent absorbs excess water, the hold will loosen.  Swish your mouth with very warm water to loosen the seal.  Then place your thumb against the back of your front teeth and press upwards and outwards towards your nose.  If your plate still doesn't come loose, try puffing out your cheeks or bite into a firm fruit or vegetable, such as an apple and try again.  Hope this helps!

1 Message

• 

60 Points

I have had my full too plate for about 2 1/2 months now and as my adhesive loosens in the back, it does NOT in the front. It is actually very painful still to pry my denture from the front. I am probably using too much adhesive due to the uncomfortable fit as I have not had my 3 month fitting. Does anyone have any tips on how to remove them without causing the front to hurt so badly? Please help ... Getting VERY discouraged & down because of it.

164 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

Hi Natalie! If you can get moisture under the denture to where the adhesive is, it should dissolve enough to allow you to get the denture out comfortably-- people suggest using very warm water, coffee, or tea for this. I hope this helps!

3 Messages

• 

104 Points

Thank you!!!!!!!!! Stephanie, I was literally panicked b/c my top wouldn't come out and I just had a reline done TODAY! The blowing instructions were brilliant and saved my day. Thanks!!!! :-)

3 Messages

• 

104 Points

Natalie, I had the exact same thing happen but to my lowers what happens is the swelling from the extractions is gone but each day throughout the day your steadily rubbing denture and gums so they become inflamed and swell...your dentist needs to make the spot where its tight at the end of the day a bit bigger otherwise you will destroy valuable bone and gum tissue and may cause an ulcer or lesions, and worst of all possible infection....I beg u to talk to ur dentist!!!!

1 Message

• 

62 Points

Thank you Karen!! Your advice worked perfect!!

21 Messages

• 

502 Points

7 years ago

@Karen:Thank you for the advice,I did finally get them out.I will not go overboard on the adhesive anymore,learned my lesson.Ha.And thank you for the package you sent,very nice...:)

1 Message

• 

80 Points

me either, Linda. I'm sitting here with a stuck upper. Luckily I'm going to see my dentist tomorrow morning

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

Judy try closing ur mouth and lips tight then blow air in ur mouth without opening mouth. It forces air up under ur denture and to ur lips. Tech at my dentist office taught me this. It usually works after 1 or 2 tries or at loosens enough I can pull them out. I'm prob not doing very well explaining what to do but I'm hoping its enuff that u can may be figure it out. Good luck

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

That's not a BAD problem to have!  I rock them back and forth a little if they are stuck and reach back and pull them down from the back.    Maybe that's just me, but I've been a rock climber all my life and my wife says I have strong fingers so it's never been an issue.  Wife is probably right.  
She is ALL THE TIME!  :-)

10 Messages

• 

212 Points

I've had my dentures for a week.  The suction from the upper has helped me  lot. I had my two front teeth extracted so I may need a little adjustment because of gum shrinkage.  
So far, It does hurt and sometime I feel like I have s sore throat but I will not remove until I see my dentist in a few days.  Perhaps,, God willing I will survive as a denure wearer, oh, my buttom dentures have clasped because I have teeth but needed some back support.  Wit the help of clasped, it has not been difficult thus far?.

1 Message

• 

64 Points

I have too much suction and when I have my dentures in they hurt and feel like they are pushing things together and it hurts .oh I only have upper dentures

12 Messages

• 

110 Points

a year ago

Well ordered guide how to download,install and initiate your MS Office 365, Office 2016,etc. on any gadget. http://nloffice.com/setup/ In the event that you have discover any issue in making your Office account, at that point visit this site certainly causes you.

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

Yes you are right this also the part of this office.com/setup

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

Hi, the post which you have provided is fantastic, I really enjoyed reading your post, and hope to read more. Thank you so much for sharing this post, I appreciate your work.

norton.com/setup

32 Messages

• 

372 Points

5 months ago

To remove your dentures, swish your mouth with warm water or a mouthwash such as Scope. Warm water will help loosen the seal. To remove the bottom denture: Pull slowly on the denture (do not jerk) while applying a rocking motion. If you want to get teeth dvices just visit here.
https://ihomedental.com/

1 Message

• 

60 Points

4 months ago

Mcafee.com/activate — McAfee Antivirus one of the well known Antivirus and Security System around the world. It causes numerous clients to give assurance from the infection, trojan, spyware, and numerous comparative dangers. If you need to begin with McAfee then you need to experience the means to mcafee.com/activate. Secure your PC, Laptop, Tablet, and Smartphones with McAfee Antivirus and follow these to mcafee.com/activate & office.com/setup on your individual gadget.