Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

Wed, Jan 27, 2016 3:04 AM

Too soon for permanent teeth?

Due to my denture place closing up shop on February 24, I have 2 choices-1. Get my permanent teeth no; or 2. Have to drive 75 miles to the only other Affordable in Michigan. My E day was August 4 and they told me then 9-12 months before I'd get my permanent dentures.

The dentist that I am currently working with said that she thinks I'm ready based on how my gums look. I just can't afford to jump the gun and regret it but I REALLY don't want to drive that far, spend the day in this town and be told to come back the next day to pick them up.

Advice PLEASE!

thank you!

Responses

30 Messages

• 

724 Points

5 years ago

Your ready after 3-4 months....I would go for it ASAP, so you have at least a month for small mods if required....little filing,adjustments....good luck...

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

5 years ago

Thanks Kevin! Even though I went and picked up my re-made temps today, I'm going on February 3 to have my perm started.

I can tell you that having the new temps is already amazing! They look so good and feel so much better!

I'll post before and after pics later.

Thanks again!

472 Messages

• 

14.2K Points

Glad to see you're finally getting  a little satisfaction. Have you had your steak yet? Or did you head for the nearest McDonald's? I believe that was 2 options you mentioned. I've been keeping up with your trials and tribulations. 'Bout time they did something right! My wife also has fibromyalgia as well as psoriatic arthritis, so I know how hard it is for you to do all this running around. 

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

I decided that I'm going to wait til the weekend to have my steak, and since right before walking out the door, my grandson looked up at me and ever so sweetly asked me to buy him a donut - I went that route. Lol

HOWEVER, when I get my permanents Monday, first stop? McDonald's for an egg McMuffin!