Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

107 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 11:43 PM

Things I never gave a thought to

My mother had dentures for the majority of my adult life  Thinking back on sharing many meals with her and never seeing her have an issue with anything.  Now, she did tell me she could not eat things like sesame seeds (sad) because of her dentures, but they didn't stop her from eating anything else she wanted.  I long to be at that point.

Responses

12 Messages

• 

350 Points

2 years ago

I am 5 days away from having full implants installed upper and lower. I’ve been with dentures since April 6, 2018. Truly hate the dentures. I’ve lost 41 lbs because of not being able to eat. Dentures have been realigned several times. I’m looking forward to a slice of pizza and biting into a burger!!

107 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

2 years ago

For lunch today, I had one of my favorite sandwiches - honey ham and swiss on marble rye.  I ate it, but, with dentures, I am finding that i don't enjoy eating like I used to.   For dinner, I had fried oysters and fish with a baked potato.  While I was happy to be able to chew it, the lack of sensation is a real bummer.  So, now I eat because I only have to???