Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Wed, Apr 3, 2019 10:52 PM

Thank you!

I just want to take a minute to thank you all who have replied to my first post. It had gotten to the point that thinking about getting dentures consumed my day. I know it won’t be easy, but so far I haven’t stressed about the upcoming event once today. Impressions done next week, and I’m going to push to get the extractions and dentures as soon as possible.
Reading on this site has helped ease my mind, at least for now. So if you responded to me, thank you so much!

Chucky B

Responses

292 Messages

• 

7.2K Points

2 years ago

Your welcome and we are all here for you

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

2 years ago

Starting to get a little nervous. The big day is four away. The impressions didn’t gag me, so maybe the dentures won’t either. I am imagining it will be painful. Taking halcion, I think anyway, an hour before. Hopefully will incapacitate me fairly well.

13 Messages

• 

320 Points

2 years ago

Just remember we were all where you are now, and we are here to help. This site helped me so much. Your dentist can do adjustments on your temporary denture to prevent gagging, just ask to have the palate trimmed back a little bit. A tiny bit will seem huge though. Good Luck keep us posted

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

The massive tray of gunk didn’t gag me. Hopefully the dentures won’t either. My nerves have me down today though. Got a REALLY BAD work week coming up. Month end summarizations to do. I can work it out from home. Just most likely going to feel like garbage while I do it.

292 Messages

• 

7.2K Points

Head up shoulders back.....you got this!!?

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

a year ago

Just another update. One more day before all my extractions. I’m almost at full panic. I can’t eat or sleep. I really thought I was doing better than this. I’m mortified about the fact this is happening so soon. I’m even throwing up. Feeling like I should have opted for a later date in order to have IV sedation. I’m not convinced this Halcion medication will do the trick. Guess it’s too late for that now. Absolutely stressed to the max.

65 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Take a deep breath....you’re going to be okay! I was most nervous about the surgery, and I was asleep! Once that was over, it’s all been downhill for me. I’m so much happier and glad I did it! We’re all here for you!

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Thank you. This support has been priceless for me. You all are golden! So far, I’ve only been sick once today. I’m planning on being awake most all night tonight. I should be very tired, and the sedative should work better. Also, you think headphones and music would help? Maybe not hear all the horrid sounds?

65 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Good idea to stay up that way hopefully your body will crash by surgery time. My opinion, headphones and music would be a great thing even if you do go to sleep. Looking forward to finding out how you’re doing post surgery. You got this!!

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

I’ll update for sure. After I’m not high anymore. If I post something that doesn’t make sense, it will mean the drugs haven’t worn off yet.

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Also, may even work up the nerve to do a before and after. I’m feeling a little better for the time being.

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

a year ago

You can have sedation just call and change your appt. or don't eat tomorrow am and call them in the morning and tell them u have changed your mind.  Stand firm no need for you to feel this way.  Sedation is they way to go.

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

They don’t have anyone on site that does sedation. Those appts are few and far between. Honestly, I’ve had this pain too long now as it is.

107 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

Charlie, I very carefully and emphatically explained to my dentist that I was terrifically phobic about needles in my gums.  He assured me that he would be slow and careful.  He used Lidocain instead of Novocain.  He was right, out of I don't know how many injections I got, I only felt two minor pricks as he did it.  

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

I’ll do the same

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

a year ago

Hey guys. I have planned to be as open and honest as possible about my mouth remodel. Hopefully, someone as scared as me will read this someday and see that if I could do it, they can too. Trust me, I’m as much of a big baby as anyone.
I’m 2 hours away from surgery right now. I’m so shaky I can barely hold a cup of water. I’ve only had a few hours of sleep. I already asked my wife if I can chicken out (she said no). I’ve been physically sick. All that said, I’m still doing it.
I’m not sure how long it will take, but I’m ready to move on to a new chapter. One without toothache, fillings, root canals and a mouth full of gauze. One where I don’t have to worry about something being too funny and opening my mouth. Let’s hope for the best.

65 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Being open and honest in a forum like this one, especially with the topics we discuss, is important. Whether it’s to help someone else or even help yourself by putting what you’re feeling into words instead of speaking them to family or friends who may not understand.
I’m glad she’s not letting you chicken out! Just get it done and over with so you can start the healing process! That was my motto.
Surgery was the most nerve racking for me. I was almost in tears when they put the IV in my arm and then I was out.
Don’t try and rush the healing process. Everyone heals differently. I healed and bounced back much quicker and easier than I thought I would.
You definitely have the right outlook and are looking forward by telling yourself you’re ready to be rid of everything bad and be able to smile again! I find myself smiling in a mirror every chance I get!
Best of luck and I’m looking forward to reading how you’re doing!

1 Message

• 

114 Points

a year ago

Best of luck to you!!!

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

a year ago

Thank you so much. 1 hour now!!!

292 Messages

•