Skip to main content
Denture Living Community
E

3 Messages

• 

94 Points

Sun, Jan 10, 2021 6:21 PM

Temporary dentures

I had my teeth removed and posts put in for anchored dentures on 11/16/20 and am still unable to eat anything but soft foods (yogurt, pudding, cream soups, mashed potatoes). My temporary dentures do not have any back teeth (they only have 10 on top and 10 on bottom)so every time I try to chew food gets stuck in the empty space where my molars should be. Is this normal procedure for temporary dentures to not have all the teeth? 

Responses

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

13 days ago

Is there room for molars in your mouth? If so I have no clue why they didn't put molars on your temps. If you're going to be going through healing for 3-6mths they should've and should add molars to your temps! Unbelievable. Although I don't know the whole story it just sounds ridiculous that their aren't any molars on the denture.

3 Messages

• 

94 Points

I definitely have room for molars. When I asked about them I was told that my temps were fine and I just needed to adjust to them. However I  am not sure if I can go 6 more months with no back teeth and being unable to chew. 

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

Ask them if they can "adjust" to no molars in their mouth for 6mths and see how it feels. lol

(edited)

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

You're probably having issues with no suction at all because they basically gave you half of a denture! This just gets under my skin. You should have a full Complete Upper Denture to help give you a bit of suction while the implants are healing. The Denture sits over the implants and if the denture causes any pressure over the implants they are to relieve/adjust it.

3 Messages

• 

94 Points

Definitely no suction with them. I have to use adhesive multiple times a day just to keep them in. And once I drink anything or try and eat they either come loose or everything gets under. Very uncomfortable.

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

They should be adding molars to your temp.