Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

1 Message

• 

84 Points

Sat, Mar 9, 2019 12:49 PM

Swelling bad

Hi everyone 2 days ago I had all my teeth extracted & immediate dentures. I used ice but I woke up so swollen today I don't look like myself. I can barely open my mouth!! I'm so scared! Help I don't know what to do! It's that swollen and I have to go back to work in 4 days.

Responses

12 Messages

• 

350 Points

2 years ago

Hi. It will get better.

22 Messages

• 

378 Points

2 years ago

That's normal. I was swollen a week after having 10 extractions. Just follow your dentists instructions. Realize you are probably not ever going to look like your old self. I've had mine for a year now and don't recognize myself in the mirror... I cry a lot.

12 Messages

• 

350 Points

2 years ago

I’m curious as to why you cry a lot. I had full extractions on April 6, 2018 and am 5 days away from full implants installed. Even with the awful dentures I am thrilled by the transformation.

230 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

2 years ago

Try generic Advil will do wonders for swelling. Also warm salt water finds for pain. These things will really help. Good luck!!!also make the water really warm as not as you can stand it. Also don't swish move the water around by moving your head in circles. Let the water pour out don't spit or you could dislodge a blood clot. That is extremely painful.

5 Messages

• 

124 Points

2 years ago

Honey it's going to be alright. Your gums are swollen. Try to take some ibuprofen,. It might help. Also try eating soft easy to chew foods. Till you get use to them.