Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

4 Messages

• 

134 Points

Fri, Apr 10, 2015 12:57 PM

softline and adhesive

I am getting my first soft alignment done....I was wondering can you use adhesive with it??

Responses

41 Messages

• 

782 Points

6 years ago

You should be able to. Saw many posts here saying that adhesive does still work, but doesn't hold as long. I get my first reline today after work. Some have said without the reline, the adhesive would last 14+ hours, but with the reline, probably a few hours before having to reapply. There are many kinds of adhesive out there, so you might want to try different ones to see which one works better for you.

68 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

This is good advice, Padraig.  I like Fixodent products, but as you said there are many kinds out there and it does end up being a trial and error process.  The nature of the beast, I guess.

41 Messages

• 

782 Points

I have the wafers for both upper and lower, but have not tried them yet. I figured I would get the first reline done first and see how it goes. I am told the wafers are easier to remove and there is no goo.

200 Messages

• 

3.2K Points

I use waffers on top they don't work on the bottom.I have to wait til june for my reline that the insurance will cover. Nothing holds my bottom it gets loose just talking so I have to fight to try and eat.

41 Messages

• 

782 Points

Patti, have you considered mini implants for the lowers?

41 Messages

• 

782 Points

Mara, I am using the fixodent with scope and like it a lot so far. I just got back from the dentist and I had the reline for the uppers and they are tight and snug. Very comfortable. I didn't do it for the bottoms as I didn't see a need to do it yet. I go back again in two weeks for a followup. I did apply adhesive to the tops just for added security. I am even able to eat something with the reline where I was unable to without it. What a difference!!!!