Denture Living Community
E

18 Messages

• 

270 Points

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 2:27 AM

So sick!! Someone please help!

Hey everyone!

Today is day 5 with my immediate upper. As I have posted on this forum throughout the week I have been trying different adhesives and just trying to stay positive. Today I hit a wall and can’t take it anymore! This entire time I have been sick to my stomach on the verge of vomiting. And have a constant headache. Even when I take the denture out of my mouth I feel like I’m going to vomit! I went to my dentist today and they did an adjustment. No change. I have been using seabond seals which do not have zinc so it’s not zinc poisoning 😭 has this happened to anyone else!?!  What do I do! I am sitting here as I type this and about to run to the bathroom! 

Responses

62 Messages

• 

726 Points

18 days ago

Yes, that's what's likely doing it. I've stopped using adhesives after getting my first reline. They made me so sick and to add cleaning it out of your mouth. Which ones were you using. Fixodent has zinc in their paste, poligrip doesn't. I felt less sick with poligrip. Your mouth is still healing, so give it time. Seabond wasn't a good one either. I've bought a ton of adhesive pastes and powder, including seabond. Are you taking any meds for the pain?

18 Messages

• 

270 Points

Hi! Thank you for responding! I have tried fixodent, poligrip, seabond, now I just bought the poligrip powered and I am waiting for my secure to come in the mail. I am literally sick ALL day long.  I liked the seabond because it was easy to get out of my mouth and wasn’t pulling and tearing at my already sore gums. The only meds I am taking is ibuprofen. I am not really in pain as far as my extractions. A little soreness but I didn’t have to have many teeth pulled. It’s the headache and nausea that is absolutely killing me!

62 Messages

• 

726 Points

My first meds felt like acid (Tylenol and codine pill mix). It’s the worst combo ever. Had dentist switch me to different one. I still get pains in my heart from that. Next med was better. Amoxicillin, my body got used to so it had no effect on me for surgery. Ice packs and hot pad plus lots of sleep lol. I didn’t feel better until a month in. I felt like I got run over, especially going back to work. lol. I didn’t like seabond because it felt like chewing paper. 🤷🏾‍♀️. My worst day was day three. I felt all of that. Week into it, I had an out of body experience, thankfully still here. Maybe try heat pad to relax muscles. I can’t remember other than rest, how I got over mine.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.9K Points

18 days ago

I think you're using it too soon. I'd say swoosh with salt water and use adhesive 2-3 weeks after exo date.

62 Messages

• 

726 Points

17 days ago

Yes, almost all denture wearers use that. Warm salt water helps with inflammation.

6 Messages

• 

116 Points

@melissa_tolson hi all, I just joined the board I am about to have my uppers pulled because my bridge broke and he said it would not work making a new bridge too much of a span six units. This really scares me. However I wanted to respond with the inflammation when my husband had his teeth pulled he was in a lot of pain. There's something called juice of oregano you can get it at the health food store North American herb and Spice. If you take a couple capfuls of that in about 3 oz of water and rinse with that three four times a day unbelievably fast healing and it helps with the pain. Oxygenates the oral surgeon could not believe how fast his mouth healed.

6 Messages

• 

116 Points

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/north-american-herb-spice-oreganol-p73-juice-12-fl-oz-liquid

3 Messages

• 

92 Points

Hello, I'm new to the board too and I have a similar situation.  I have a bridge and it's loose and there's decay on those 3 teeth which have to be extracted and I will be getting a partial denture.  Just curious, did your husband have any sutures on the extraction area?  How soon after the extraction did he begin using the juice?

6 Messages

• 

116 Points

I can't remember but I think the sutures just dissolved. But he use the juice of oregano oil same day. Just two or three capfuls to 3 oz of water and swish with that. I had to have a root canal by an oral surgeon and I did the same thing and when I went to see him four days later he also could not believe the healing. Going to helps with the pain. Oxygenates just Google it and look at the testimonials on it. I want to keep my bridge I only have one loose tooth and I'm going to try all nutritional things to strengthen my bone even sell rejuvenation. Check out body redesigning. They have something called OST and CNT. It's stem cell activators and it is not from embryos. I did this when I hurt my knee and it really really helped

3 Messages

• 

92 Points

I'm trying to improve my health also; thank you for your response and the additional information.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.9K Points

17 days ago

Unfortunately a lot of people come in for check ups here after their extraction/insertion of dentures at the Dentist and were not told to use salt water. We recommend to use it for 6mths.

Hopefully what I mentioned above will help. If not I really hope the denture was processed properly.

18 Messages

• 

270 Points

Hi Josie! 

since you suggested that the adhesive might be making me sick I stopped using it and have literally felt perfectly fine! A little headache but I am guessing that is from the pressure of the denture and extractions. Thank you for letting me know to stop the adhesive!  I have been using salt water 4 or 5 time per day just so my mouth is clean. 😊

18 Messages

• 

312 Points

Are you using Benzodent?  That can also make some people sick. There are warning labels and also good YouTube videos on the dangers. Just be careful. I’m on Day 14. It DOES get better. 

1.6K Messages

• 

25.9K Points

16 days ago

That's great to hear Emma! I hope you can get in for some adjustments to relieve the pressure. Whenever you can it's ok to give your gums a break around the house for an hr or so. Keep your head up! You got this!