Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Wed, May 22, 2019 2:59 PM

So many firsts

I feel like a kid growing up. So many things happening for the first time. 20 days after surgery, today was my first meeting with company executives and our president. I was Soooo nervous. I had to talk a lot, many explanations. But I made it through. Thanks to all here who have been so supportive! I greatly appreciate it.

Responses

292 Messages

• 

7.2K Points

a year ago

Good job... we're always here to help

13 Messages

• 

320 Points

a year ago

Glad it went well, I am liking all the first as well, it means we are making progress in our journey

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

True. I can’t say I like the firsts. It keeps me insecure, and I was always very confident

73 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

a year ago

Uh, didn't you say you were a champ? :) Good job!

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

I’m harder on myself than I should be

292 Messages

• 

7.2K Points

A lot of us are.. myself included

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

a year ago

I just ate sushi and a whole plate of Yaki soba!!!! Real food!!! My stomach has no idea what to do.

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

a year ago

I’m noticing some days I’m much more aware of them than others. Anyone else feel that way?

73 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

a year ago

Well so far I have been very aware of them each and every day.....all day! And then when they are finally out, my mouth and tongue are very aware of nothing there! :) My mouth stays busy all the time it seems like.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

Hi db, Try a Tic Tac as it may help keep your tongue and mind busy and distracted.

73 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

Thank you, I will give it a try :)

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

a year ago

Any tips on this annoying whistle I’m making on occasion with my s?? I’ve been reading aloud, and all I’m doing is noticing the d@mn whistle even more lol. I know others have to be as well.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

It's hard to say sometimes. You may need an adjustment 1. Your bite is too open. 2. The acrylic behind the anterior teeth needs to be reduced. Write this down and ask them to do that. :)

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

I will do that

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

Any luck on calling and getting an appt? I forgot to mention above it may be one or the other.

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Not yet. I’m going to stick it out through the weekend. I may get better on my own

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

Such a trooper! :)

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

a year ago

1 month today. All of the sudden, the top plate doesn’t want to stay in. I made an appointment, but they say they can’t see me for 2 weeks. I’m actually a little worried that I won’t make it that long. Even with adhesive, everything is very, very loose. The plate doesn’t even feel like it’s making much contact with the roof of my mouth at all. Feels like most of the pressure is on the side of my gums. Kinda afraid I’ll push it up with my tongue and crack it down the center.

73 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

a year ago

On no! What about trying cushion grip if you have any, if not I would try seabond wafers with adhesive. Mine have started to become looser also, but not to that extent. 1 month and 1 day here.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

a year ago

HEY!!!! DON'T YOU GIVE UP CHUCKY!!!! Listen to your wife and kids....and me. This is what I was talking about before. It's bound to happen... unfortunately with extractions and having immediate dentures place. Remember...its impossible to know exactly how much swelling you would have from the next guy so the denture being made before extractions can't and probably won't be a perfect fit over time. O think you said before you have some different adhesives. Try different ones again and maybe even mix them together to see what happens. If things don't improve by Monday you call them and demand to get in sooner than 2 weeks!!! You hear me broski??!!

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

That’s what I’m doing. The powder won’t work anymore. Just too much space. The fixodent extra will still hold, but the recommended amount is terribly difficult to remove from my mouth. Like 30 -45 minutes a night.
Worst case I’ll call back for something sooner. I can always go sit and wait.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

Ok of youre trying the " strongest " stuff it's time for you to go in. Oh shoot. I just read your post again. 1 mth!!!! Time for you to get a Tissue Conditioner brother. Or at least that's how we schedule it at our office. We don't always get people in right away depending on their schedule or ours but yup! Its time for you. Calm them and get your butt in sooner if you can. If not....gotta suck it up. :(

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

Sorry! I'm on my cell phone and it's so difficult to read the font. My letters are almost white like the page. I don't know why it does that on my phone for this website. :(

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

That’s what I thought too. If I need that much hold, must mean I’m healing nicely and need a soft liner

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

Ok well keep using the one that's working. Unfortunately you will have to "waste" more time removing it until you get in for a Tissue Conditioner. I think they call it a soft Reline in the USA. Btw. Are you in the USA and are there denture clinics legal invyiur state? Don't worry my friend. You'll be alright as long as they can get you in sooner if your adhesives don't work.im not trying to toot my horn honestly but we do our best to get people in asap when they're having issues. And we don't charge for adjustments. We are passionate about it and want people to be able to eat and be healthy and smile again. Don't give up.