diane_hill's profile

4 Messages

• 

142 Points

Sun, May 20, 2018 6:35 PM

Removing Palate ,Soft liner and suction

Here's my story. I went to aspen dental 3 to 4 years ago. All I needed was to have my front tooth fixed. An x- ray was taken of my teeth. I was shown the x- ray, so being illiterate to x -rays, I believed them when I was told that all my upper teeth and some on the lower teeth had to be extracted because of bone loss. Apparently I had NO cavities. So I said okay. The dentist gave me at least 12 shots of novacane and the dentist began to crush and pull my teeth. I haven't been the only one that that went to get one thing and end up with all of the teeth extracted, there are many. I went back and forth to get the denture fitted, they had NO idea what they were Doing. I really hate them! I can't eat,apples corn on the cob, nuts. I hate the palate it takes away, the way taste of food making it unpleasant to eat with them, I mainly eat without them at home. I want to remove the palate, but I also want to use a soft liner, would they have a good suction with the liner? Right now I have a soft liner [ densurefit] which I bought and put on myself. I SO don't want the palate anymore, PLEASE HELP ME! Thank you!

55 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Il y a 4 y

I did my iwn with a dremel, but if you aren't comfortable with one it can be intimidating. Horseshoes require adhesive to eat. I can't eat corn on the cob.but pretty much everything else... you can email me and I will talk to you. Debi@groomingsmarter.com.
Also, Russell Klein makes a horseshoe upper...

..https://youtu.be/P57kb5y2wFQ

10 Messages

• 

214 Points

I was told in a group that I'm in that in order to get horseshoe I'd have to have an implant..I can't stand the palate..my dentist says I won't have any suction..news flash I DON'T HAVE ANY WITH THE PALATE!! Even adhesive don't hold but I also have a silicone reline

1 Message

• 

60 Points

I just got a upper temp and I used affordable dentures. I’m having a tough time too and am about ready to throw this out the window! I can’t get a soft liner till next month as I’m newly extracted- Nov 7 Hope I can wait. Thinking about filing some palate off myself

275 Messages

• 

4.2K Points

Deb which affordable dentures made your upper horse shoe??? The one near me wouldnt make one for me.

275 Messages

• 

4.2K Points

Amanda Sevenbergen, how are things going for you now are you adjusting better???

32 Messages

• 

466 Points

@debi_hilley hi Deb! You are amazing! I would be so afraid of breaking them! No palate huh? Never thought of that although I have seen pics. I wish I would have opted for the four on floor or whayev . The implants ...never knew told I had other options ..the only thing my dentist and his assistant did was try to talk me into bottoms also ..fk that..my bottom teeth are stable and food. Just gimme the top guys...if I would have got bottoms.  Omg!!!! Thank you God for small favors! Thanks guys

26 Messages

• 

512 Points

Il y a 4 y

If I were you I’d get those x-rays and get a lawyer as fast as you can. Having dentures is not going to stop bone loss if that was true. No cavities and had all your teeth pulled is a horror story.

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

Il y a 1 a

I use adhesive but I had to use adhesive with a full palate as well. I can eat anything I have tried. 

Shemiyaka | Concrete Contractor

32 Messages

• 

466 Points

@shemikasoraya hi Shemi! I also use adhesive AND strips both! It works awesome and if I don't rush and do it right ...I'm good to go. I had one day I rushed and my apt manger came up and was taking to me and when I tried speaking to him...mybshit kept slipping!! Omg!! I knew a guy that would shove his dentures in bit no glue and when he talked they would flail and it looked horrifying! I was horrified! I'll never do that again God willing! Thanks for listening dear! Have a great day! 

32 Messages

• 

466 Points

Il y a 1 a

I feel your pain and frustration! I do!! If you had no palate..you would have no suction. I'm hearing words that I never heard before...I was so hot in the biscuit to get my 8  extractions and denturetoo immed denture..ii just assumed they would be close to my natural teeth by the x-rays they take of out skull mouth...whatevs..right? If a forensic scientist can create a face from only a skull with no teeth...why can't a denturist? Am I overtraching or is that what the exrays and molds and fittings are for? If I knew this v was gonna make teeth that belonged in a cats mouth ....why bother me ...until the dentist shives it in my face???? Thanks 

32 Messages

• 

466 Points

Il y a 1 a

It f you have no palate, you would have no suction. Just saying love. I hate my big ole palated tiny toothed dentures. It's like having a hockey puck in my mouth!  Have a good one! 

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

What’s a horse shoe

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

I had my teeth extractions a week ago and I was so numb that I couldn’t really tell if my upper denture fit properly. Well it didn’t cause as soon as the numbness wire off I got horrible gag reflex and I had to take it out, so I only wore the upper temporary fir 3 hrs and had to remove it. Ugh I cried cuz I felt like a failure but I have kept my bottom temporary one in. I have my 2 week follow up on the 9th and I can’t wait cuz I need my lower denture realigned cuz it hurts me on the outsides and they really need to shave my upper one cuz I can’t put it in without wanting to gag!! Oh an I got dental implant for the bottom but not the top cuz I just couldn’t afford it. Do you guys take out your dentures at night and soak them then put back in the morning? I’m always rinsing out my mouth after I eat which is nothing but soft Gouda since I don’t have upper teeth ugh, I’m getting by but I’m hungry!! 
Thanks for letting he rant, much love 

Bren

32 Messages

• 

466 Points

Dear Bren,

I know what you're going thru..heck..we ALL know and empathize! You are not alone!! I hate taking mine out ( even though its just me, myself ,and i) i hated losing my youth...fuck the teeth part..and i hate that i got exactly what i wanted and needed to hear  from one of my fellow neighbors in the community that took the time ti read my post and gave me the straight dope! In all fairness... I have to say... Neither me , my dentist, my denturist, or the lovely gals at the receptionist desk communicated. I got super sick in the begining of my journey.... I was trying to get there.. i started my first appt 9/20 and last appt April. I missed many appts and i was not told what to expect... And my dentist was unsympathetic to my plight. I am planning to write a letter of apology and also im sending before and after photos so this mthrfker can see that i had a beautiful smile my whole life and how horrific i look now!! Hang in there... Things will ger better.. u promise!! God Bless

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

Thanks for the reply, I know things will get better I have faith they will but at times it can be depleting!! My lower denture is starting to hurt me and not sure if it’s due to my gums still healing or I need to get it adjusted already but this Friday can’t come soon enough. Did you have a hard time eating soft foods when you had both upper and lower dentures? I have lost 8 pounds since the procedure cuz I am just eating soft foods due to no upper denture. I pray that make my upper denture got without it making me gag so much🙏🏽 I will keep you in my prayers as well 

7 Messages

• 

144 Points

Hey Bren. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I am completely new at the whole thing. Had 19 teeth removed a month ago after recommendation from dentist because of periodontal disease and persistent pain and infection that I have had for over 5 years, of NO fault of my own from what I know! It Will Get Better, promise! Just follow your Dentist directions, and have lot's of patience. This is life changing and will take time. Only reason I am on this is to help people understand the mental impact this inevitably causes. Hang in there!

7 Messages

• 

244 Points

Il y a 5 m

hybrid implants are supposed to  be the solution for your problem. wicked expensive. idk im in the middle of it and pretty miserable right now