Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Sun, Jun 10, 2018 1:45 AM

Recipes for new denture wearers

Has anyone any recipes for tasty 'soft food' ? I'm getting upper teeth removed/immediate denture and looking for suggestions ... thanks!

Responses

27 Messages

• 

512 Points

2 years ago

I'm eating mostly like I did before because I couldn't eat anything to crunchy anyway lol. But let me tell you what's tasted best. Scrambled eggs with a lot of salt and sometimes cheese. Also these are the easiest to eat. Ravioli has been great. Mac&cheese, Salisbury steak (do y'all have that?) Spam is good. Chocolate mousse is amazing. I had a cup today with crumbled cookie on the bottom & fudge type Choco in the middle and it was the best thing I've tasted yet. But for sure had to rinse with some water. Downside is you can't feel stuff on your teeth. Fettuccine Alfredo if you add chicken you may want to boil it or do something to make it soft like shred it. I haven't tried it with shrimp yet but I bet they would be easy enough to chew. Pretty much anything with a lot of salt taste great. Meatloaf the inside not the outside layer it's to tuff for the first week. I sometimes just squish the bite of chewier food with my fingers or fork to make it easier to chew it helps.

27 Messages

• 

512 Points

2 years ago

Green beans fried with bacon are awesomely soft and of course the marvelous baked potato. I sound like a hog hehe but I'm determined to sitting in a restaurant next week. The only thing I've had trouble with was rice and lo-mein type noodles

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

2 years ago

Thanks, they're things I love to eat, what is Salisbury steak? ... I'm buying Ensure and will look for blender reecipes too

233 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

2 years ago

I just ate mushed food for 8 months with no teeth in and I felt satisfied. I used my food processor with things like cooked carrots and chicken salad and egg salad and baked beans. Mashed potatoes were a staple and cheesecake went down very well. And Ritz crackers with cream cheese could be broken up between tongue and roof of mouth. Stove top stuffing with gravy. Ice cream for the first time in decades. No sensitivities yeah! You can pretty much food process anything into submission.

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

2 years ago

Great excuse for me to gorge on icecream and custard ... what about rice pudding? ... be making lottsa mashed spuds/gravy by the looks ...but I'll miss my weekly grilled steak, may have to steal a bit from OH and just suck on it to relieve withdrawal symptoms, lol

233 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

I've never had rice pudding but my impression of it's consistency seems like it would work well.  I've never been a steak person so I was fortunate not to miss that.  It has to be one of the most challenging things to eat with dentures but people claim they can do it!

48 Messages

• 

902 Points

2 years ago

I'm still recovering.  I didn't want to worry too much about cooking so I did a lot of pudding, jello, protein shakes and stuff like that.  I did do scrambled eggs and also mashed potatoes by day 3 or 4.  I of course tried ice cream as well because who doesn't want an excuse for ice cream.  Spaghettios were ok for when I was desperate.  Also drank the broth of my favorite won ton soup and ate the soft vegetables out of it so I could feel somewhat normal.  I'm starting to incorporate a little more solid foods now that the swelling and immediate pain has decreased.