andrew_b32612's profile

14 Messages

• 

362 Points

Wed, Feb 13, 2019 12:12 AM

Question about the differences in Affordable Denture's immediate and ultimate dentures

hey everyone. After a year of Hell in ill fitting immediate dentures I have finally gotten my Affordable Dentures Ultimate denture set. The fit is soooo much better than the immediates!
One spot will need adjustment which I will do myself but other than that they feel great.
     The difference in price between the two is 800.00. The immediate started at 325.00 per plate, the ultimate are 1125.00 per plate
    While the teeth appear to be different, I can see no difference in the material used for the immediate and the ultimate denture. Should I see a difference? From what I have been told they are supposed to be made from a different material and obviously should be for the difference in price! I was also under the impression that the ultimate dentures would be thinner, stronger material. What I actually have are thicker dentures that look exactly like my immediates. Have I been taken to the bank? How can I find out if I paid for an ultimate set but got a basic set of dentures?

160 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

3 y ago

Hi Andrew
My brother used them and well didn’t see much difference either but believe he got Classic .. I’m not sure what the ultimate is compared to what I got thru Aspen .. which are comfylites .. definitely should be able to feel difference from immediate to permanent ! For immediate they get fit before extractions .. where permanent is of course after and better fit! So I can tell you what I experienced ! Which I just have upper plate .. when it was time for permanent and was so ready because immediate were heavy went thru a lot to get them to be acceptable while waiting . My permanent I chose my teeth .. I wanted , color , and dentists step by step on placement of the teeth . Make sure I looked like I always have .. now seems like yours are compared to the naturalite price with Aspen . Aspen has Basic, Classic , Naturalyte then comfylite With comfy they are that .. I forget I have them in my mouth .. look natural no one knows .. eat anything everything .. quite happy .. very lite and material is thinner .. I understand price is factor for many.. I bit bullet because I’m 56 and lot of life to live! All said and done 8000.00 dollars but I had surgery, as well.. and few others things on my bottom teeth .. but have those .. anyways teeth look natural .. so answer to your question can’t say ripped off . But seems what you got is compared to the Naturalyte.. which look pretty good .. I know my dentist he was meticulous .. song with me as well.. they fit so well and good I don’t have to wear adhesive at all! Where I did with my
Immediates.. I have a gag issue so he cut my plate back as well and like very comfy and lite ! Good luck and there is a difference in how made and material but not sure what it is .. Mine I can almost see thru them, actually has all the ridges , creases like u see in your gums.. and palate .. where basic, Classic and up more detailed . Good luck don’t think I got ripped off but again my brother seems okay with his .. good luck !

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 y ago

i am in the process of going about twice a week for the last 3 months for adjustments on the ultimate at affordable dentures.  i see and feel no difference.  Looks nothing like the different pictures they show.  the material seems exactly the same and they just can't get the fit right and i can't chew food with the ultimate.  i thought the same as you and feel i've been taken to the bank.  i'm better with the basic as far as i can see and would love my money back.

13 Messages

• 

180 Points

7 m ago

For me, what matters is the quality, not the price since it's important to make sure that the result is good.

Jethro | Pool Deck Fremont

1 Message

• 

60 Points

3 m ago

Yes you have. But because each location is privately owed unfortunately many get cheated‼️

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 m ago

I just got my ultimate fit dentures and they are identical to the immediates. They don't fit, fall out without using adhesives, can't eat anything  with them in, they are 1 centimeter higher on one side,  they are very thick, the shape and tooth side are completely different than the immediates, the dentist did Not give me any options or choices in regards to the look of them.  I got completely ripped off.  Don't go to the Affordable dentures in Evansville,  IN

11 Messages

• 

170 Points

2 m ago

Thank you for the information

1 Message

• 

62 Points

1 m ago

Everyone should go see Dr. Woods in Dalton GA at Affordable Dentures and Implants, for that is where I went and my Ultimate fit dentures are what they are supposed to be like and they fit my mouth just right, i have no problem with eating or anything and they are thinner than the intermediates. They feel great and well worth what i paid for, but go to Dalton GA and see Dr. Woods, she will make it happen.

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

19 d ago

Usually there's a return time, it could be worth making the most of that to trial the options?

Cheers,

Josh    |    Concrete Pros of Fremont CA