brenda_8c81fa's profile

4 Messages

• 

122 Points

Sat, Feb 16, 2019 11:46 PM

Puffy bottom lip area

I am on day 5 since extraction, top and bottom. I think I am doing fairly good considering the having 21 extractions. But my bottom lip looks like I have a wad of chew in..will that go away? I feel like the swelling has gone away, could my dentures be too thick or down low? Has anyone else experienced this? I was so worried about the top being puffy I never thought about the bottom looking like that!

Responses

160 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

3 y ago

Hello
Puffy lip you mean like Dr. Seus upper lip .. if so I had that
I was like oh no this isn’t my mouth lol! Remember immediates were made with your teeth in so will be little big and possibly that puff look. And yes my teeth were like hitting bottom lip for me as well.. some people have that slight over bite. Naturally and well I didn’t ! They can shave the gum line down and shorten front teeth slightly . Not sure how my dentists fixed it but he did! See I have a flat palate so no suction so they are irritating . As shrinking took place they did soft relines but the after taste of it wasn’t pleasant .. so started whereing
Adhesive .. sea bond! It’s a year out have my
Permanent and pretty impressed .. no adhesives either , I along with my dentist picked my teeth out , color and many tryins until perfect .. so light at end of tunnel .. and no Dr.Seus look hahahahaha! Good luck keep me updated !

4 Messages

• 

122 Points

3 y ago

My upper lip looks great..this is my bottom lip! Like I have a wad of tobacco in there! Lol

292 Messages

• 

7.2K Points

3 y ago

Two things...my upper is too thick and I look like a chipmunk, (my husband said..but chipmunks are cute.... God bless him for trying) I think we ne d to be patient and then second it.. may be some swelling still. I'm frustrated too.

4 Messages

• 

122 Points

3 y ago

I have decided the gum of my dentures is too long..when I bite or chew it pushes down into my mouth making it pooch out! It’s too big and wide.

48 Messages

• 

902 Points

3 y ago

Dental work is usually many adjustments at first.  They would rather take too little off than accidentally take too much.  It's much easier to fix.  Just make sure to speak up with what you don't like or what is hurting you and if you have a good dentist they will work with you to make it comfortable for you.  Just remember even if you think the swelling has gone down your gums will change and shrink.  Usually some healing needs to take place before soft liners are put in etc.  I don't know if you have temorary ones currently or what the case may be but for me it's been a long process.  I'm like 10 months out and still have temporary ones currently.  I should finally get permanents in a month or so.  But that's how long my dentist waits due to the the bone grafting, healing, and the shrinkage.

13 Messages

• 

150 Points

14 d ago

I push and stretch it around from the back to the front center.  It is very pliable.  Again, as most are saying, it is a trial and error process.  Do not start out with a lot of it.  

- Commercial Roofing