mohanraj_narayanan's profile

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Sun, Aug 10, 2014 12:20 AM

Prosthodonist or general dentist for my dentures?

I'm 61 years old and had all of my teeth extracted. I do not know if I should see a prosthodontist or a general dentist for my dentures. I need both upper and lower full set. Which one is better to see in terms of costs and long term durability of my dentures? choosing the appropriate one is very difficult for me right now. I would greatly appreciate any comments.

thanks.

22 Messages

• 

360 Points

Il y a 8 y

I would certainly recommend a dentist, A Prosthodonist may offer a flexible payment plan, But they would cost the most. I had dental insurance, and my cost for an upper complete denture was $650.You can check out my story at Denture Support Group. You can actually get a more expensive denture made, mine is acrylic. You can get the new rubber denture. May cost almost double.If you actually have $500 in credit cards, or cash. You should look for a business named affordable dentures. They actually let you sit down and look at shades of teeth as well as sizes, They do not accept insurance, but they will give you paperwork, and if you have insurance, you can actually file the claim yourself afterwards, they will show you how. And you get the money back later on.

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

Il y a 5 m

Look into a Denturist