Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

102 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 1:25 PM

Powder or creme adhesive??

I am only one week in ~ My dentures will not stay in by themselves. I was wondering which type of adhesive works best. I have seen powder, creme and even adhesive strips. How confusing!! Too many to choose from ~ any suggestions on which work the best?

Responses

30 Messages

• 

634 Points

7 years ago

I don't like the powder as much as the fixodent adhesive I like it better

131 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

7 years ago

Hi Tammy, Fixodent offers a variety of adhesives, and all of them are formulated to hold all day. When you go in for your soft reline today, you can ask your dentist about using adhesives. Here's some info on each of our versions: http://www.dentureliving.com/fixodent-denture-products/denture-adhesives

You may want to try several to see which you prefer. Keep in touch to let us know how you're doing!

102 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

7 years ago

I asked my dentist about the different types of adhesives. He said that until my gums heal completely (approx 6 months) I should stick to the creme adhesives. He said that the powder works well for alot of people, but the fine powder particles could get into the open sores in my gums. After my gums are healed, I may try the powder or the strips, until then I can use the creme. It seems to work pretty good.

The soft reline has helped with the fit and soreness, but I still need a little adhesive, especially on the bottom in order to eat. Thanks to all for your care and concern. And to Twitches: I know it kinda sucks right now, but I really believe it will get better each day. After you get your bone issue settled, you will feel alot better. I'm praying for you, hang in there!!

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

7 years ago

I strongly recommend the Fixodent Food Seal. I've tried the powder and Fixodent Original and there is no comparison. Food Seal just works much better for me, and actually does hold solid. It's fantastic. It's the only one that gives me an all day hold regardless of what I eat - whether hot or cold.