Skip to main content
Denture Living Community
To_be_Frank's profile

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Tue, Feb 23, 2021 10:15 AM

Please tell me it gets better…

Day four this morning. Brand new upper and lower, with a total of 17 extractions. Having a lot of trouble speaking clearly, and the pain is ungodly if I get too close to the threshold of the medicine wearing off. I am slowly learning to eat again. The prep nurse warned me I would probably regret it for a few days in the beginning but to stick with it. She was right. I don’t know that I’ve regretted anything in my life as much as this right now. 

The positive so far is that they look great, but the price of that is I feel like I’m slowly losing my mind between the pain and speech impediment. I know adjustment takes time, but please tell me this gets better…

Responses

1 Message

• 

62 Points

2 m ago

I'm feeling the same way, Day 3 just starting for me! And a part of me wishes I had just dealt with my natural teeth. I did not expect this much pain from the dentures. Hopefully it does get better. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 m ago

Hello! I am on day 6 of having immediate uppers and my biggest concern is speaking.. I feel like I have a hockey puck in my mouth, but the dentist told me this is normal and to practice all day by reading out loud. He also said it’ll perhaps take weeks to months to get used to. My heart sank, but I’m determined to get this!!!
I hope you feel better... I regret not taking care of my own teeth now, but that’s all In the past.. let’s do this one day at a time! Good luck.. great site for support... we’re not alone!