dandelily's profile

17 Messages

• 

230 Points

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 4:36 AM

Only 6 days in and I’m regretting my decision

I had a full mouth extraction (25 teeth) performed on September 30. Here’s the problem... my bottom denture feels waaayyyyy too big for my mouth. My children say it makes my face look weird. They puff out my cheeks and my lower lip. 
The dentist said I’m not biting correctly, but honestly, if I bite down the way he wants me to, it hurts too bad. 
I went back 48 hours post-op and they buffed down some spots that was causing me pain, but I just feel ridiculous now with the teeth in. I feel like the bottom teeth aren’t mine. I feel like they were made for someone else. I can’t even swallow with them in because they go so far back that my tongue is constantly pushed back. My speech is mediocre, I suppose. I still have a lisp, but the dentist said that will go away. 

And don’t get me started on how they said by day two I should be eating scrambled eggs. I can’t chew with those monstrous things in my mouth. 
Fortunately, I am able to get the implants in approximately 4 months, but what should I do until then? Should I just deal with the awful bottoms or keep bugging my dentist? I mean with a price tag of over $5000, you would think I would get something more suited for me. Correct? 

Responses

17 Messages

• 

230 Points

10 m ago

Someone please help. 😭

15 Messages

• 

206 Points

10 m ago

I would keep bugging the dentist.  Surely, there's something he can do you help you. After paying all that money, there should be.  You're ahead of me.  I go for extractions on Thursday and go home with immediates.   I'm already out of pocket over $4000 ( I already paid in full when I went for impressions)  so I feel your pain.  If I have problems with mine, I'm going to keep going back until they fit properly.  I do realize that they're not going to fit perfectly because the gums will be shrinking so much, but have mercy, surely they can do something to make things easier until it's time for the permanents.

19 Messages

• 

280 Points

10 m ago

omg you poor thing! Girl, I would be calling my dentist every 5 minutes if I were you! Don’t feel bad, don’t worry about bothering them. You have a legitimate reason! You can’t eat!!!! It’s not like your just calling because they feel funny lol are they any better since it’s been a little while since your original post? 

71 Messages

• 

826 Points

10 m ago

You can get adjustments as soon as a week. My dentist did at least. They fit more snug because they shave down the dentures. My mouth is apparently small 🤷🏾‍♀️. Dunno how many people come in for dentures that have big mouths 😂🤣🤦🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️ @dandelily . My first big adjustments were at 3 weeks though. Wisdom teeth holes

19 Messages

• 

280 Points

9 m ago

Hope your adjustment went well!!

15 Messages

• 

206 Points

9 m ago

E-day was 10/8.  I still don't have my dentures in.  They seem too big.  They seem to fit my mouth ok, but they won't stay, they just fall down.   I called the office and the only day they could get me in is next Wednesday.  I hope they can fix this.  I'm getting frustrated.  Right now, I'm dealing with bumps on my lower gum which I hope goes away in a few days.  They appeared a couple of days ago and I have no idea what they are.  I asked about them when making the appointment for next week and was told the oral surgeon is quarantined as he was around someone who had Covid and I had to see him.  Does anyone know how much implants cost?  Just thinking ahead.

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

9 m ago

I am almost a week in from having immediate dentures. As soon as they put the dentures in my mouth, I told them they were too loose. The dentist stuck a little adhesive on the top plate, and said give it time. The bottom denture created a huge sore right in the front of my mouth. I went back after 2 days, and he dentist did some grinding, which helped a little, but not much. The top denture feels thick under my lip in the front, but the dentist would not address that problem yet. My dental office was pretty much telling me before I ever got the dentures, that I would have to use adhesive. My sister has never used any adhesive. I can not eat or drink anything without feeling it get under the denture. When I complained of the loose fit, my dentist said that my gums would shrink and I would have to pay for a reline after a few months. My question is...if I pay all of that money for dentures, Shouldn’t they fit initially? Also...shouldn’t they be tight right away due to the swelling? My dentures have been loose Since they put them in.

15 Messages

• 

206 Points

9 m ago

I'm so frustrated.  I called the denture place again.  The lady I spoke to said,  "I told you your gums were going to shrink and the dentures wouldn't fit right to start with.  She laughed at me when I said I wanted a refund on the second reline which I haven't gotten yet.  I just hung up...frustrated beyond belief.  I see now, I'm not getting any help from them.