joy's profile

5 Messages

• 

122 Points

Fri, Nov 8, 2013 2:54 AM

Not centered

So today is one week with new upper dentures. I clench my teeth so bad at night that I loosened my teeth to the point I pulled my own wisdom tooth myself. Then I had 2 teeth in the front just break. I was so devastated by that that I had to do something. So out with the top teeth and in with the dentures.
Considering I only had front teeth left it hasn't been too bad , little swelling just in the front area but the back gums were already tough. A few sores here and there and one morning very painful to put in but I battled through the pain. I would rather suffer the pain than the embarrassment. Still trying to get used to eating but every day seems to be getting a little better maybe a few adjustments will be needed but not many I think. And I only have these for 6 months then get my permanent pair. The thing is is that even though I have these only for 6 months ( my husband says these are my training teeth) the 2 front teeth are not totally centered and it bothers me. Others say you can't notice much but I know it's there and I paid a lot for these as I'm sure all of you did. So I'm considering calling the dentist to say I am not happy about it. All this money and I still feel self conscious.
Should I call them or just suck it up for 6 months which I don't want to do because I want these as a spare pair after my others are made.

123 Messages

• 

2K Points

9 y ago

Hi Joy, even though these aren't your permanent dentures, go ahead and say something to your dentist.  You shouldn't have to go live for 6 months with front teeth which aren't centered.  Just as you said, dentures are expensive, and you should be happy with your teeth.  Let us know how it goes!

5 Messages

• 

122 Points

9 y ago

Called the dentist and have an appointment for Monday. Hopefully something can be done. I don't know what they can really do to fix that other than make me a new set. Which I highly doubt they'll want to do.
No one really notices it but I know their not centered and I hate it.

5 Messages

• 

122 Points

9 y ago

Thanks Karen , I went today and their going to make me a new set. I go in in two weeks after the gums have healed more.

12 Messages

• 

150 Points

9 m ago

I know exactly what you mean! I'm having all the same problems with mine! I keep threatening to order one of those denture kits and try making  my own! I'm on my second set and they've lasted a lot longer, and we're a lot cheaper than my first set. 

- http://www.treeservicecamarillo.com 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

8 m ago

I just had new upper dentures made, and they fit almost perfectly. The denture wiggles a little but that problem I corrected by using Fixodent. However, the center teeth are not “centered” but are off to the side. I believe the problem is with the lab who set or positioned the teeth on the the acrylic mold incorrectly. 

Could someone please advice me on this issue?

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 m ago

I don't know what to do.  My new denture teeth are off by almost an 1/8 of an inch from the center, which makes the whole denture misaligned.  A back molar on one side is too far back because of this.  I brought it up to my new Health Dept. dentist and he wouldn't look at the pictures I took, he wouldn't look at the denture and he wouldn't even allow me to sit up and talk to him face to face about it.  He made me lay down and then said he doesn't see anything wrong.  When I asked him to let me show him, he said it just looked that way because my bottom teeth (natural teeth) were crooked. He even went as far as to say even if he made me a new one I wouldn't be happy with those either!  I was flabbergasted!  I've had my mouth for 63 years...43 of those years I wore dentures.  I would think I'd be the one to know what was comfortable or wrong in my own mouth.  He acted like he knows more about my mouth than I do, and he just met it two months ago!  And why such an attitude?  He must have had complaints before because he went right into the defensive when I came in to see him about the denture problem.
This is the first time I've had any problems, and when I brought it to his attention, he treated me like I was some sort of idiot.    I told him I was poor, but not stupid.   He got mad and said he guessed since he was just a dentist, that must make him ignorant!
Wow!  I have never said anything about him or disrespected him in any way!     In fact, I hadn't even had a bad visit with him, until this one.
He had filed one or two of my bottom teeth the day I got them, to fit into the misaligned denture, but the rest of the teeth don't fit either.  My natural teeth now hurt when I try to chew and that molar in the back is catching my tongue, making it hard to say some of my words.  I am also biting my lip and inner mouth now.  This has never happened before. 

Any advise on what I can do?  I can't afford another set somewhere else, although I honestly don't want him working on my teeth anymore.

(edited)

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

2 m ago

30 grand = fully sedated full mouth extractions with bone graphs ( no pain meds!!!!!!!!! 2 sets of dentures that I don't LOVE...mostly because neither one will match up with my correct bite. So I just have no bottom teeth now!!...and just got quoted 29,00 for my 6x4 implants. Everyone be grateful to your higher power if you lucked out an did your research on cosmetic dentistry vs money hungry mass Practices.