Skip to main content
Denture Living Community
F

3 Messages

• 

148 Points

Mon, Mar 1, 2021 2:22 PM

New immediate denture...day 4

Last Thursday I had 13 teeth extracted and an immediate upper denture placed.  I had an absolutely painless surgery and my denture was great the first couple of days.  my dentist told me to start taking them out at night after the first 24 hours but now each morning they are harder to get back in.  this morning about brought me to my knees and made me cry.  once they are 'seated' they are fine after a few minutes but i still have the tender areas to contend with all day when i talk or eat.  it makes me dread taking them out for saltwater rinses after i have eaten.  I do go again tomorrow for an adjustment visit but I don't know if this is supposed to be this way or is the denture just too tight?  please tell me this will get better!!!!  benzocaine this morning didn't help at all...maybe I just didn't use enough or wait long enough after applying it?

Responses

Accepted Solution

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

1 m ago

I wore mine 24/7 the first week, just taking out for rinsing. It will get better. Especially after the dentist relines them. It’s a soft lining they put in. Hang in there. 

3 Messages

• 

148 Points

My gums seem to swell a bit while I sleep. This morning was tough getting them back in again but it's clearly because of the spots where I have direct pressure points. I noticed bone coming through 2 spots yesterday... hoping they are just spicules that can easily come out and the adjustment and soft reline I get today will help.  I try to focus on the positives, a wonderful dental practice, easy surgery, love my new smile, and my extraction sites are healing very well. And my lower partial may be ready today...that will help with balancing the pressure as well :) thanks for the encouragement!

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

I think keeping them in helps keep the swelling down also and supposedly helps with the healing process too.  I was healing quickly after the first week and like I said they will feel so much better after a reline. Good luck