Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

6 Messages

• 

164 Points

Sat, Jul 9, 2016 11:27 AM

New dentures too big and move

I have worn a top denture for 20+ years but have only had bottom ones for 6 months. While they are making my permanent lower I am also getting a new upper one at the same time. The upper one i have now fits me fine and i have no issues with it other then it is time for a new one. I went to my dentist yesterday for a fitting and both the top and bottom ones were moving all over like they were made for someone else! My dentist said its normal for them to be large for a while until your mouth adjusts to them. I don't remember going through this in the past and it doesn't sound right to me. Has anyone been through this and is it normal for them to move around a lot at first??

Responses

93 Messages

• 

1K Points

4 years ago

Hey everyone, I'm hungry! My dentures don't allow me to chew, my gums are sore and full of blood clots. I even felt lightheaded today from not eating. I had to lay down. I'm going to keep drinking the shakes. I got a tamale that you buy at stater bros. They are real soft.I smashed it up with some beans and just swallowed it, like I said I can't chew due to the gums. When will I be able to actually chew food?

1.6K Messages

• 

25.9K Points

Hey Marilyn everyone is different when it comes to the beginning stage of chewing. Try eggs, cottage cheese, smoothies. Great you're drinking shakes. Ummm yogurt, maybe meatloaf, mashed potatoes....This is the time to use your creative skills! :)

1 Message

• 

64 Points

I mashed meatloaf into my mashed potatoes. best I ever had!!!  

146 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

Apple sauce, scrambled eggs, cake and ice cream were my go tos.

6 Messages

• 

164 Points

4 years ago

I wanted to tell a follow up to my original post. I went in today and was supposed to pick them up. I repeat, supposed to. They were way too big and moved all over my mouth, I was talking like i had a mouth full of marbles and they were almost falling out when i spoke. Not only that, I also had an overbite that made bugs bunny look normal. This looked nothing like my mouth when i went in, i looked like i needed braces. My dentist kept insisting this is totally normal and my mouth would change to fit them. When i insisted through my tears that this was not correct he said "Then why don't i just throw them in the garbage?" I said fine do that and left, leaving them there. I have called my insurance company and put in a complaint and now have to wait and see if they will approve my going somewhere else. I was very much looking forward to today because my temporary lower ones are so loose even when they are glued in they hurt to eat. Unbelievable. :(

107 Messages

• 

2K Points

4 years ago

So sorry. I had a bad experience at a dentist. I reported them to a state board. I heard from them yesterday wanting more info. In the interim I has gone to another dentist. We sat don't explored my options. Set up a lab. Made a contract removal of my teeth, intermediate dentures. It has not been easy but I have hope.

174 Messages

• 

2.3K Points

4 years ago

I just got fired by my dentist. Interesting. I'd been thinking about litigation anyway.

107 Messages

• 

2K Points

4 years ago

Like I said above, I filed a report. Didn't hear from them for over 3 weeks. They want the old dentists file on me. If people take no action, professionals continue to do unsatisfactory work. Good luck.