Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

2.1K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

Fri, Jun 28, 2013 10:14 AM

New denture comfort food!

I'm on day no. 2 of my dentures, and discovered a great food that seems to work very well with the tentativeness of eating with these things: ravioli!Not only are they tasty, but they almost seem tailor-made for this ecxact situation! Try it! Just make sure they cool down a good bit, they'll go down like magic, without challenging your new dentures with all kinds of unpredictable shapes!
(from faceinacrowd)

Responses

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

7 years ago

I had 19 teeth extracted 4 days ago and was fitted with dentures. I have a complete set on top and a partial on the bottom. On day 4, I am eating mashed potatoes and Salisbury steak. I was just wondering if I seem to be doing well on day 4 as far as eating is concerned.

I have been drinking a lot of Ensure as well to keep my vitamin intake up.

131 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

As far as I can tell you seem to be doing great, Gary! Don't try to over do it and stick with the soft foods for now, but once you feel more comfortable, you can work your way up to chewier foods. Here's a calendar of what to expect during your first month: http://www.dentureliving.com/new-to-dentures/calendar

Keep us posted on how you're doing along the way! :)

5 Messages

• 

186 Points

7 years ago

i am also on day 2 and roman noodles mashed up is also good for these first few weeks

4 Messages

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

You are my new BFF. Tomorrow will be Day 1 for me and I've been trying to figure out what I'll be able to eat after that 1st day. I love Ravioli and hadn't thought of that. Thanks also to whoever mentioned the NutriBullet - I've wanted an excuse to get one of those for years.

6 Messages

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

Walmart has the nutribullet right now on sale...I already have one...I make smoothies for the kids...it is really great...

I am leaving for the dentist in about 2 hours for extractions....yikes

4 Messages

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

Good luck Kelly. Thanks for the info on the NutriBullet.

17 Messages

• 

372 Points

7 years ago

Tuna fish. Tastes wonderful and you don't have to chew it, just flavor and goes straight down.

6 Messages

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

Perfect...I love tuna..and I could stand to get rid of about 20 extra pounds....now seems like the perfect time for that...I had an extraction yesterday...a molar near a sinus had to be taken out by an oral surgeon and then on to Monday...the rest come out and I know it is not going to be a picnic, but I can not wait....I am so excited about having my smile back and not being sick from all these decaying teeth...I am so going over to my Gastroenterologist office and let him know that I would like to speak at his next meeting..they need to tell people that Gastric bypass can possible cause chronic anemia even if you take your supplements as directed and even if you take calcium...I have managed to keep over 100 pounds off but what a sacrifice...my beautiful teeth...but ...on a more positive note, I have learned a lot from all of this and plan to be more proactive with my children who are still teens....about dental care as well as diet and exercise..

6 Messages

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

Thanks Jacqueline.....

17 Messages

• 

372 Points

7 years ago

Just found a new one. Meatballs in marinara sauce, meat.balls are easy to mash up with a fork and they taste wonderful. 13 days in and my bottoms broke on day 11. Lets hope I don't have a problem with them replacing them.

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

7 years ago

Yes that is a good one,I had spaghetti an d meat balls yesterday. It is easy to cut in small bites and easy to eat.