Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

2.1K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

Fri, Jun 28, 2013 10:14 AM

New denture comfort food!

I'm on day no. 2 of my dentures, and discovered a great food that seems to work very well with the tentativeness of eating with these things: ravioli!Not only are they tasty, but they almost seem tailor-made for this ecxact situation! Try it! Just make sure they cool down a good bit, they'll go down like magic, without challenging your new dentures with all kinds of unpredictable shapes!
(from faceinacrowd)

Responses

8 Messages

• 

190 Points

7 years ago

general anesthesia. But stupid me forgot to make sure I was hydrated the day before. They had a really hard time finding a vein. My arms were black and blue for a week.

34 Messages

• 

934 Points

I just had exactly the same problem.  Took forever to find a vein and my arms look like somebody beat me up!  If I need anesthesia again I'll try staying more hydrated, although I always drink a lot of water...  Never had a problem so didn't know if that would help.  Thanks for the hint.

102 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

7 years ago

Jayelle ~ I just got off the phone with the lady at Dental Options. I asked her if Louisiana had a similar program and she gave me a phone number for you: 504-940-5200. The program here in Ohio is for people without dental insurance. It isn't free, it is discounted according to your income. I hope you check it out ~ who knows, they might be able to help you.

I did it without being knocked out because it is so expensive for general anesthesia. I think, if I could have ~ I might have done it, not sure. How many teeth did you say you need extracted?? I only had 13 left.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

I went to Aspen Dental for the x-rays but the dentist was so rude and demeaned me so badly I didn't go back. However saying that, it was actually a Godsend even though at the time the feeling of worthlessness was pretty great, I found out that every other Thursday in Omaha they have dentists from Creighton do as much work as they can on you in 2 1/2 hours for $20. That includes extracting, fillings, root canals, etc. It is the Senior students (ready to graduate) that do this. Fabulous opportunity for them and me. I was treated very kindly and with respect.

92 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

Mickey it makes me sad to think any professional would treat you so poorly, obviously they have more business than they can handle. I am happy for you to find such a great deal on dental care. Good luck with all your future care.
Bill

6 Messages

• 

110 Points

do not let someone that is rude and obnoxious make you feel bad...shame on him and he will be getting karma as a result

83 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

7 years ago

I'm being told all of them @ $250 per tooth, I have a consult for a 2nd opinion next week, but I will look into this as well. I'm glad to see some of Yall were allowed to stay conscious, he told me that wasn't an option. Thanks :)

1 Message

• 

60 Points

there are different prices for extractions from your molars to front teeth to Dracula ones and if their still there wisdom teeth I think its between wisdom and molar are the most expensive

92 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

7 years ago

Not sure where I read the recommendation but for a treat someone suggested WalMart Pound cake, easy to eat.

18 Messages

• 

278 Points

I tried their pound cake and it wasn't bad and fairly easy to eat.

102 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

7 years ago

Sound good ~ last night I got a Marie Callender's frozen banana cream pie ~ kinda pricey, but worthit. I picked a few of the sliced almonds off of the top and the rest required no chewing at all ~ you don't have to eat the crust ~ I tried a little bit and it was ok

10 Messages

• 

320 Points

7 years ago

My husband just had 2 wisdom teeth extracted and we discovered cheesecake and quiche. Now why couldn't I figure those two YUMMY dishes out when I was fresh from my extractions? =P

102 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

7 years ago

I have heard of quiche but I don't know what it is or how to make it. Sorry ~ do you buy it already made ~ frozen or something??

5 Messages

• 

250 Points

I've made it once. It's a pain to make, but I'm not a very enthusiatic cook. It can usually be found frozen or in the fresh prepared section of the supermarket.

83 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Tammy, how's it going?

1 Message

• 

80 Points

EZ quiche recipe with no crust

8 slices bacon
4 oz cheeze (shredded)
2 tbls melted butter
4 eggs beaten
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup milk

optional 1/4 cup vegetable (onion or spinach finely chopped are great here)

1. brown and crumble bacon
2. preheat oven 350
3 lightly grease 9in pie pan
4 line pie pan with crumbled bacon and cheeze
5 wisk others until smooth and pour in
6 bake for 40 minutes

serve hot or cold.

5 Messages

• 

250 Points

7 years ago

You can usually buy quiche already made. It's just a matter of finding somewhere that has it. I've been eating a lot of pasta and Greek spinach pie, which is available where I shop. I made a pot of meatballs and when cut up small they go down easy. I think I'm going to put together some baked ravioli today, which will get me through a lot of the week. And the supermarket I go to carries some Panera soups in their fresh prepared food department, so I splurged on some of that. I am losing some weight, which I guess is good, but my jeans are falling off which is not as good.

30 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

7 years ago

Let the jeans fall off! This was the best time for me to loose weight with very little effort. I went from a size 18 to a 12 in 5 months! I joined a health club where I could paddle in the pool and then whirlpool to regain my strength and I am happy to buy new jeans! Plus it gave me something else to focus on besides my oral surgery & dentures. People aren't sure what has changed but they do see I look great! Go the distance!

6 Messages

• 

150 Points

7 years ago

scrambled eggs and oat meal go down great. am on day 12