dentureliving_faq's profile

2.1K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

Fri, Jun 28, 2013 10:14 AM

New denture comfort food!

I'm on day no. 2 of my dentures, and discovered a great food that seems to work very well with the tentativeness of eating with these things: ravioli!Not only are they tasty, but they almost seem tailor-made for this ecxact situation! Try it! Just make sure they cool down a good bit, they'll go down like magic, without challenging your new dentures with all kinds of unpredictable shapes!
(from faceinacrowd)

Responses

1 Message

• 

60 Points

7 y ago

My Dr said to rinse with salt water often as it cleanses, promotes healing and reduces pain. It really does but that wasn't possible for me to do often at work. I cut chilled watermelon into small pieces, salted them and slowly chewed them. It really was soothing and good. It also relieved some pain. Salted orange pieces are good, too.
I like salt on some of my fruits but I know many don't and/or are limited on salt intake.

6 Messages

• 

250 Points

7 y ago

I just had my remaining 10 teeth in the top and 4 teeth on the bottom extracted 5 days ago. I have a full plate on the upper and a partial on the lower. I can't eat anything but soups easily. I did try ravioli and it's easier to eat than somethings, but it still has a very alien feeling in my mouth. I still have stitches and some open areas on my gums, but the pain is subsiding. I agree with Aileen, I would love to sink my teeth into a piece of pizza, but that is not remotely possible. Will I ever be able to eat real food again. At least, I'm dropping weight pretty quickly. I haven't had a whole lot to eat in the last 5 days and I'm really getting hungry! Any encouragement or positive words would be much appreciated.

3 Messages

• 

82 Points

7 y ago

I'm on my 5th day of my plastic dentures I go back in February of 2015 for my real lower dentures. I already have my real upper dentures it's still hard. I had all my teeth extracted without pain thanks to my great dentist. My Dentist wanted me to keep my lower dentures in for 2 weeks I have 9 more days although my lower are hurting right now when I chew so I might call them just to make sure otherwise I am losing weight.
My dentures look great I am so happy I have them in I can smile again .

3 Messages

• 

82 Points

7 y ago

After my 9 days I'll be able to put fixodent on my lower dentures so hopefully I'll be able to eat my favorite foods I'll be very happy I am definitely losing weight.
The only encouragement I have is to hang in there you can do it!! If I can do it anybody can do it. I love this site the foods I have been eating have been mash potatoes with chicken or beef gravy, roman noddles, soups are always great as well as jello in the gelatin form. My hubby was sweet enough to buy me some chocolate ice cream for my sweet tooth.

3 Messages

• 

82 Points

7 y ago

Oh and one more thing is that Fixodent now has Fixodent with Scope tastes much better than the plain Fixodent.

27 Messages

• 

852 Points

7 y ago

Had all my uppers pulled a month ago today and drank the Ensure or equivilent Walmart shakes for almost two weeks, along with jello. Now the best thing on this earth is cold watermelon pieces. Soft enough for me to chew. I can't wait for the day I can eat a piece of "Broasted" chicken. I am sooooo hungry.

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

3 y ago

WHY are these comments all 4 -5 years ago? Does no one use this website currently?