Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Fri, Aug 26, 2016 12:20 PM

My new dentures. Permanents

I got my permanent dentures about 2 weeks ago and I love them. They feel great and are much snugger than my first set. Can't believe it'll be a year in December that I've gotten these dentures. This was the best investment ever and so glad I got this done.

Responses

1.5K Messages

• 

25.3K Points

4 years ago

You look great Lizzy! You go girl! You made it! :)

107 Messages

• 

2K Points

4 years ago

Beautiful

17 Messages

• 

470 Points

4 years ago

great I will get mine in Nov or Dec.  Doing great with these but can't wait for my permanent ones.

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

4 years ago

r they holding without denture paste?  They look great

50 Messages

• 

1K Points

4 years ago

They look great, so no adhesive for the bottoms n you can eat everything fine?

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

4 years ago

I still need adhesive for the bottom. Just like when u get ur temps it's hard to adjust. I got a few sore spots and they felt weird because they were different. I cut down the top palate because o felt it was too long but the dentist said I would get used to it. I don't recommend you do this but I did. I put only a small amount of adhesive for the top but I think I don't need it. Just to feel a little more secure I guess. The bottoms feel good but I'm getting a sore spot. They feel tighter but I do wear adhesive. That's cuz with my temps I had just learned to eat corn on the cob! Now I can't and have to learn again. Just like before I cut my burger in pieces. I'm happy tho. I need to make a YouTube video of my new teeth. The dentist told me to put my temp dentures in a plastic bag in the freezer so that's where they are.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

4 years ago

I don't wear as much adhesive as before. The bottoms is where I use the most. I use SECURE and they hold all day. But towards the end of the night they start feeling loose and I can't eat anything. But other than that I'm enjoying them. Just like when you get your temps the palate feels weird, that's how this feels for me again. Sometimes I put my tongue rested on it. I don't know why I do this and I'm getting a lot of saliva again. Always swallowing. But once again it's going to take some time and I can handle it. It's been a long journey but I am so glad this is over. I have teeth again and although it doesn't feel great eating because I can't feel the good I'm glad I can smile

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

4 years ago

I also use secure.  HOWEVER  it holds maybe until I start eating.

9 Messages

• 

182 Points

3 years ago

I hope someone can Help me,I got my Permanent dentures yesterday & I ordered a tooth paste & I can`t use it because it says its not to be used in the mouth. They are screwed in & can only be removed by my dentist. I`m looking for a tooth paste that is non-abrasive. Thanks for any info.

233 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

3 years ago

Barbara - you are the first person here that has mentioned having the screw in dentures.  How are they?  I am going that route too but it will be a while before I get them.  Are yours full mouth?