Skip to main content
Denture Living Community
D

6 Messages

• 

122 Points

Sun, Nov 15, 2020 4:47 AM

Monkey mouth

Got my dentures 3 days in.... I keep gagging when talking my uppers look to gummy and big is the normal...? What should I do? 

Responses

68 Messages

• 

796 Points

15 days ago

When you first get them, they will be big and gummy. I had to wait til first reline to have them shaved down so I could stop gagging. I was able to start eating with them after 5 weeks. Relines help it and you may need adjustments.

6 Messages

• 

122 Points

@melissa_tolson ok I’m new to all this I don’t even know the terms I’m going on Thursday to send about adjustments it’s been about 10days

thank you for responding

68 Messages

• 

796 Points

Yeah. I should have kept immediate dentures. Perms are nothing but hard acrylic and no lining. Now my upper dentures where I have hardly any bone lining, makes it hard to eat.

6 Messages

• 

122 Points

I heard people talking about densure fit..... I watch the videos on that it looks like that might help your upper denture not sure I think you can only order it online. But I thought perms were better than immediates but I also heard some people say they like their mediate better and kept those..... i’ll let you know how it goes when I go to my dentist Thursday and they do some adjustments right now I’m miserable with my immediates.....

68 Messages

• 

796 Points

Yeah my immediate ones I had no problem eating right away. On my perms, my uppers are the main problem. I have next to no bone up there. So no suction and that’s what you need to eat well.

6 Messages

• 

122 Points

Oh wow.... I still can’t eat....