SW

2 Messages

• 

96 Points

Sun, Apr 18, 2021 1:06 PM

Monkey mouth fitt

Top dentures look like a monkey and the top of dentures cutting into my gum they tried to trim but it is still hurting the top of the dentures looks like a cuff or closed circle around the top he said that they would adjust after I wear them but the cuff at the top and rubbing on my gums is very painful 

Responses

1 Message

• 

60 Points

3 m ago

I am having the exact same issue. They told me the bulging will go away with time as I continue to shrink. They filed mine down a couple of times as well but it is still pretty bad. I'm so discouraged right now. I am not leaving my house and don't want anyone to see me like this and I feel like it is going to rub a hole through my face or cheek on one side. It feels like it is almost up my nose and I'm wondering how long before it gets better. My top and bottom teeth only barely touch on one side. I can almost put a full finger in the gap.

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

3 m ago

I don't know how your dentist works, but he/she is telling you the truth. Your gums will shrink and your dentures should look, and fit, better.  If too much is trimmed away, they won't fit right after your gums shrink.  Hang in there.  You should feel much better after about two weeks and even better after about 5 weeks.  If they do not fit better in a couple of months, go back.  There are remedies.  I know it is very difficult and I hope you show some improvement soon. Try to keep your dentures in as much as possible...not at night...but, if they are really hurting, take out for a little while and gargle with warm salt water.  Good luck.