Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

8 Messages

• 

156 Points

Thu, Nov 27, 2014 4:05 AM

low self-esteem

Today i got my first soft liner done and now it makes my face look huge. My teeth make my lip look huge and have trouble keeping my mouth shut now that the liner is in it. It makes me feel so low about myself. Breaks my heart that i dont look like the same girl i looked like a week ago. A week ago i had all the self esteem now i dont have any just wanna crawl in a ball and cry. I know i did the right thing getting dentures because of my health but having it all done at once is to much.i feel like people look at me differently . :(

Responses

8 Messages

• 

176 Points

6 years ago

I understand how you feel. I've been getting accustomed to my dentures for about 7 months now. And it isn't all I hoped it might be by now.

I'm past the regretting period to a degree.

Everyone loves my teeth but me. Not sure how long it takes to reach a "bliss" about one's new teeth but it seems to happen to many people eventually.

Tell your dentist your woes, for sure.

Best,

Darrell

8 Messages

• 

156 Points

Thank you

3 Messages

• 

122 Points

i have been wearing dentures since early 90's this last year i got lower ones it took a few months to get used to and i thought everyone was looking at me as well. after a few months i didn't notice if they were looking-hang in there