Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Tue, Jul 16, 2019 11:36 PM

Just when you think you’ve seen it all

Now that I got them to fit like I want, I’ve got irritation and all these little bumps on the roof of my mouth. My wife thinks its thrush. Any good remedies for this?

Responses

32 Messages

• 

656 Points

a year ago

Rinse with hydrogen peroxide, and eat yogurt. The peroxide will kill the candida and the yogurt will restore the natural bacteria that might have become unbalanced due to all the anti bacterial precautions that I'm sure were taken during your dental surgery and healing process

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

a year ago

Thanks. Been a while since surgery. And I clean them religiously. I did peroxide. Feels better right now

32 Messages

• 

656 Points

a year ago

I'm about to embark on my journey August 8 so reading your post has been great. Glad I could help I'll start posting during the process

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Best of luck

32 Messages

• 

656 Points

a year ago

I'm about to embark on my journey August 8 so reading your post has been great. Glad I could help I'll start posting during the process

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

a year ago

Wonder what it’s going to feel like wearing them tomorrow....

123 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

a year ago

I had thrush on my tongue because of the antibiotics I was taking after surgery. It was fairly mild but the oral surgeon prescribed a lozenge that I dissolved in my mouth 5 times a day for a little over a week. Honestly it cleared up pretty quickly so I probably didn’t need it that long, but wanted to avoid recurrence. I also ate yogurt and took a good probiotic daily, which I believe helped it clear up as quickly has it did. I’m still taking a daily probiotic to help keep the balance of good bacteria and I eat yogurt most days anyway. Supposedly, swishing coconut is another option, but I can’t speak to how effective it is. Might be worth a shot.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

a year ago

Hey Chucky, all the suggestions above are great. Put some Kefir in your smoothies if you're still making them. Salt water helps as well. Hope you're feeling better today.

123 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Josie, do you know if coconut oil rinses works for thrush (or any other benefits it might have)? When I had thrush I was considering it but everything else I was doing seemed to be working. Wondering if, in your opinion, it would be a decent alternative should it pop up again.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

I know coconut oil is "supposed" to be good for oral rinses. I've never tried it yet but I have been using it on my face as a moisturizer lol for the last 3 or 4 yrs. I think anything natural is worth a try before running to pharmaceuticals. That's my opinion. I try very hard to try home remedies 1st and the Doctor 2nd. Sorry this may have not been much help. :)

123 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hahaha I’ve also used it as a moisturizer and I use it in my hair periodically too! I think you’re right. If I see any symptoms start to put up, I’ll just give it a try. The worst thing that could happen is it doesn’t work, but it certainly couldn’t be harmful

43 Messages

• 

976 Points

I used  coconut oil rinses in my mouth to fight off dental abscesses.  It worked!  It worked better than hydrogen peroxide and surprisingly, better than Listerine.  I was always amazed by that.  But I was also eating raw garlic, (which I chopped up and let sit for 10 minutes), and when garlic is prepared that way, it's stronger than penicillin.  So I can't be sure how much of my success was the coconut oil.  But the garlic worked faster when I used the coconut oil rinses.  

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

a year ago

I’m doing salt water still. Plus my wife is making apple cider vinegar/lemon/ cinnamon/ and other stuff tea. It actually takes away the irritation. I will be going in tomorrow at 4. The dentist wants to look and do a cancer screening...

No smoothies anymore. And I don’t know what kefir is. Sounds like an animal

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

Oh that's a yummy tea concoction. Good to get a cancer screening done but I wouldn't worry about it. HAHAHA! I used to think the same when I heard the word Kefir. It's liquid and you can get it in flavors as well. I've never tried it on it's own as I hear it tastes a bit on the sour side. I don't like sour things. Anywayysssss it's supposed to be better than yogurt. Here's a link....

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/9-health-benefits-of-kefir

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Thanks. I will try anything to help. Just wish I knew the cause. I keep to a very strict cleaning schedule, and since I started adhesive nothing has been getting under them. Just want to prevent this from happening again in the future.
It doesn’t hurt, just kinda itchy, irritating and annoying.

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

And the tea is quite sour. She said I could add honey, but I figure that would just be sugars for bacteria

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

Yea it may be the beginning of thrush. Glad you're seeing the Dentist quickly.

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Yeah, it’s itchy. Not so much I can’t stand it. Just enough to keep me from being comfortable

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

a year ago

If anyone wants my wife’s herbal tea recipe let me know.

123 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

I would!!

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

I will get it tonight

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Elderberry & cinnamon in a tea bag, Apple cider vinegar and lemon juice in the cup. Let it all steep together.

123 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Awesome! Thanks Charlie!

1 Message

• 

62 Points

Thank you!! I need to try this!!

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

a year ago

This is a very aggravating thing to go through. I’m ready for this day to be over

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

:( you can do this! Chin up. Don't let this make you cave.

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Never! I shall overcome. Might just be grumpy while I do.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

Grumpy bears are okay. I have one at home....lol. He's not always grumpy.