dentureliving_faq's profile

2.1K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

Thu, Jun 27, 2013 9:04 PM

Intimacy and dentures

I am very self-concious and I don't want anyone including my husband to see me without my dentures. It has been very hard to manage this. I usually wait for him to fall asleep before I go to bed and luckily he gets up earlier than I do. This is disrupting any intimacy we may have. Can I sleep in my dentures?? Any suggestions as to how to handle this problem??
(from hunsut)

2.1K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

8 y ago

I'm Karen, the Fixodent Community Manager. I'm glad you came to the message board for advice, as I'm sure there are others who have felt the same way you feel right now. While I haven't been through this situation, I would encourage you to be open with your husband and let him know how you're feeling. Your husband married you for who you are, and I don't think he'll think less of you without your teeth. After you share your thoughts with him, try to ease yourself into allowing him to see you without your teeth.
With that said, it's very important to remove your dentures to clean them every night. Whether or not you put them back in before going to bed is up to you and your dentist. Many dentists recommend leaving them out at night, as this gives your gums a chance to relax from the pressure of the denture being in during the day. But there are circumstances where a dentist may advise to wear dentures overnight. A discussion with your dentist can determine which is best for you.
^Karen
(from Karen @ Fixodent)

12 Messages

• 

450 Points

I have full upper and lower dentures, I am Pete and I have had them for 20 years. I take them out long enough to clean them and I put them back in. This has been a great success for me since my gum line has not decreased any and I have never needed adhesives and my plates don't come loose. My partner likes me to remove them during oral sex to allow for multiple climax

2.1K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

8 y ago

I agree that you should discuss the issuing of sleeping in your dentures with your dentist. However, I don't think he or she (or anyone else who doesn't have dentures) will be able to really understand how you feel. Also, if you have ever taken a nap with your dentures, you know that your gums feel kind of funny afterward and your dentures are less than pristine and pleasant afterward.
There are many women who feel the same way that you do. Some of them find times during the day to rest their gums and, therefore, wear their dentures at night. Some of them ignore the issue of possible bone deterioration resulting from "over wearing" of dentures and wear them all the time (other than when they are cleaning them or they are in the shower). Some of them wear their dentures until intimacy (or the prospect of it) is over for the night.
Despite your best efforts, eventually, your husband will see you without your dentures -- he will awaken in the middle of the night -- or he will walk-in while you are cleaning your dentures -- or you will have to take your dentures out because they hurt -- or you will be sick -- or you will need to respond quickly to an emergency. And, when he does see you, he will be fine with seeing you (and more) without your dentures. The less fuss you make about the issue, the less problmatic it will be for him. Your husband is probably waiting for the opportunity to tell you (or show you) that it's okay.
You need to keep a few things in mind: first, having your husband (or your significant other) see you without your dentures is not like appearing in public without your dentures; second, dentures are like makeup in that just as you look better with makeup, you look better with dentures; third, you are the same person with or without dentures; and fourth, your appearance without dentures (and/or the fact that you wear them) is of much greater importance to you than it is to anyone else. It took me a while to really "get" these things, but I have been much happier with myself since I did.
Good luck.
(from IHaveAGreatDentist)

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

2 m ago

As an editor from essay writing service, Second this you are subjected to be discussed with your doctor or can have some limits to choose any hospital or doctor of my own pick and what are the benefits included right.

11 Messages

• 

170 Points

2 m ago

I ask for help and advice

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

1 m ago

Wow! Really a nice topic. College and university students have to write different types of academic papers, and coursework is one of them. To write a complete thesis, a student must first choose an effective topic. This stage is one of the most important in writing a Coursework help. A student must find a captivating topic that requires investigation and which can be developed into interesting and informative independent research.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 m ago

Get assignment help in Australia from the best experts of Australian Assignment Help and assignment help in Singapore from Student Life Saviour experts. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 m ago

This topic was quite exciting but I want to take the service of freezer truck Dubai that was my first experience for taking truck service recently I opened my own company for this I need transportation to shift heavy equipment.  

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 m ago

Whether you are learning at the international level or domestic level, we can provide do my finance homework for me for students regardless of their level, class, and category with the most trusted and talented writers. Need to complete your finance exam on a very short deadline? Don’t worry because we are always available to thoroughly guide you and provide you with finance project help with a team of our knowledgeable & prolific finance experts.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 m ago

Absolutely you can! this is about trust and believes with each other. This is something regarding mind-set and thinking span. That is why Education and awareness is important for everyone. This has to become more socialize issues because domestic issues are rarely discussed openly and at the end it becomes domestic abuse. I as Educational Consultant personally feels lack in Educational sectors and online platforms, I find many students finding take my online class and more like this, I mean I mentioned a single example, many more to has to be discussed.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

24 d ago

An interesting share, I think your problem will be solved smoothly if you have enough money to go to the dentist. If you don't mind I can help you relax with a cookie clicker. Cookie clicker is a simple incremental game, you will be surprised!

1 Message

• 

60 Points

21 d ago

Every time you write a thesis, research paper, or dissertation, a literature review is needed to establish research with whatever knowledge already exists. One can demonstrate the relativity with the topic with the help of a literature review. Moreover, it gives you chance to develop a methodology and theoretical framework for the research. It helps students to position their self with other researchers and shows how the research talk about an issue and contribute to it.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

20 d ago

The assignment expert is available 24X7 to help students. Assignment services is priced quite reasonably so most of the students can take the service and become better in academic writing. That's why you can pay a low price for coding assignment help and Economics Assignment Help..

26 Messages

• 

210 Points

20 d ago

many thanks priced quite reasonably so most of the students can sfsfs

1 Message

• 

60 Points

19 d ago

Great blog with very exciting information, I appreciate you a million times for putting up this amazing blog and for the informative contents shared, I found it very useful. Thank you. when will hallmark university post utme form be out

1 Message

• 

60 Points

18 d ago

Need to take your class online? Take Your Class Online offers best online class help! Just say Do My Classes Online For Me. We offer do my online class help!