dentureliving_faq's profile

2.1K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

Thu, Jun 27, 2013 9:04 PM

Intimacy and dentures

I am very self-concious and I don't want anyone including my husband to see me without my dentures. It has been very hard to manage this. I usually wait for him to fall asleep before I go to bed and luckily he gets up earlier than I do. This is disrupting any intimacy we may have. Can I sleep in my dentures?? Any suggestions as to how to handle this problem??
(from hunsut)

2.1K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

Il y a 9 y

I'm Karen, the Fixodent Community Manager. I'm glad you came to the message board for advice, as I'm sure there are others who have felt the same way you feel right now. While I haven't been through this situation, I would encourage you to be open with your husband and let him know how you're feeling. Your husband married you for who you are, and I don't think he'll think less of you without your teeth. After you share your thoughts with him, try to ease yourself into allowing him to see you without your teeth.
With that said, it's very important to remove your dentures to clean them every night. Whether or not you put them back in before going to bed is up to you and your dentist. Many dentists recommend leaving them out at night, as this gives your gums a chance to relax from the pressure of the denture being in during the day. But there are circumstances where a dentist may advise to wear dentures overnight. A discussion with your dentist can determine which is best for you.
^Karen
(from Karen @ Fixodent)

12 Messages

• 

450 Points

I have full upper and lower dentures, I am Pete and I have had them for 20 years. I take them out long enough to clean them and I put them back in. This has been a great success for me since my gum line has not decreased any and I have never needed adhesives and my plates don't come loose. My partner likes me to remove them during oral sex to allow for multiple climax

4 Messages

• 

100 Points

@pete_wentz​ WOW 😂u crazy

4 Messages

• 

100 Points

@dentureliving_faq​ I know how she feels there’s no way ad take my dentures out in front of the wife I would be scarred for life lol

2.1K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

Il y a 9 y

I agree that you should discuss the issuing of sleeping in your dentures with your dentist. However, I don't think he or she (or anyone else who doesn't have dentures) will be able to really understand how you feel. Also, if you have ever taken a nap with your dentures, you know that your gums feel kind of funny afterward and your dentures are less than pristine and pleasant afterward.
There are many women who feel the same way that you do. Some of them find times during the day to rest their gums and, therefore, wear their dentures at night. Some of them ignore the issue of possible bone deterioration resulting from "over wearing" of dentures and wear them all the time (other than when they are cleaning them or they are in the shower). Some of them wear their dentures until intimacy (or the prospect of it) is over for the night.
Despite your best efforts, eventually, your husband will see you without your dentures -- he will awaken in the middle of the night -- or he will walk-in while you are cleaning your dentures -- or you will have to take your dentures out because they hurt -- or you will be sick -- or you will need to respond quickly to an emergency. And, when he does see you, he will be fine with seeing you (and more) without your dentures. The less fuss you make about the issue, the less problmatic it will be for him. Your husband is probably waiting for the opportunity to tell you (or show you) that it's okay.
You need to keep a few things in mind: first, having your husband (or your significant other) see you without your dentures is not like appearing in public without your dentures; second, dentures are like makeup in that just as you look better with makeup, you look better with dentures; third, you are the same person with or without dentures; and fourth, your appearance without dentures (and/or the fact that you wear them) is of much greater importance to you than it is to anyone else. It took me a while to really "get" these things, but I have been much happier with myself since I did.
Good luck.
(from IHaveAGreatDentist)

1 Message

• 

60 Points

เพิ่มความสวยงามของบ้านของคุณให้ดูเป้นธรรมชาติมากยิ่งขึ้นด้วยต้นไม่หลากหลายสายพันธุ์ ที่ทาง guide2job เราได้คัดสรรมาเป็นอย่างดี พร้อมทั้งต้นไม้มงคลที่จะช่วยเรียกโชคทรัพย์ เพิ่มพลังบวกให้เเก่คนในบ้านของเรา เรื่องราวเกี่ยวกับพืชพันธุ์ไม้รวมไว้ที่นี่เเล้ว.

11 Messages

• 

170 Points

Il y a 8 m

I ask for help and advice

11 Messages

• 

270 Points

Il y a 6 m

I went through the same thing when I got dentures at age 26. Since I was a stay at home mom, I soaked mine in the daytime. I have implants now but if I had dentures at this point in our marriage (I’m 37) I would just soak them at night but only when it’s time to actually sleep lol. The lights are out anyways. Your feelings are totally valid. 

5 Messages

• 

122 Points

@kristi_lind​  thank you for your videos girl everytime I felt like canceling my appointment I watched your videos and also a guy primal something I will be going back on them too since I just had my extractions and temp put in today once again thank you for putting yourself out there it's opened my eyes that there's so many people even younger then me having to go to dentures.

3 Messages

• 

100 Points

Il y a 6 m

I am a 49 y/o female who wants to give my male partner oral sex. I’m only two weeks into my temporary top full denture and partial bottom. I am afraid of it not fitting “in” and then gagging. Can anyone help with advice? 

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

Il y a 2 m

It can be an excellent choice to hire the best Canadian assignment help services to smoothly guide you through the process. Law assignments writing becomes easy when you get online law assignment help from the experts.

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

Il y a 2 m

Pdf zusammenfügen- This free and simple online tool allows you to combine several PDFs or image files into one PDF document.

Pdf zusammenfügen | youtube mp3 converter

1 Message

• 

60 Points

Il y a 2 m

Give him a blow job with your dentures out. He will not complain about your teeth being gone after that, trust me 😉

7 Messages

• 

120 Points

Il y a 2 m

It's an excellent enhancement to your game and prices hardly anything, You are planning a weekend Counter-Strike: Global Offensive marathon or looking for the exclusive things with a <a href="https://myownrank.com/">Buy CSGO Accounts</a> , You get full features
graphics to super-interesting setup, the game is all a gamer could ask for. But to experience more significant matchmaking within the game, and to take full benefit of all its features,you will need to get a <a href="https://myownrank.com/13-csgo-prime-accounts">Buy CSGO Prime Accounts</a>

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

Il y a 2 m

Many students got the advantage, then why are you so late? you can also hire Homework writing help and complete your homework on time. visit now

1 Message

• 

60 Points

Il y a 2 m

Hi, I am jhon ceena I am flutter  app developer, It is an amazing blog thanks for sharing the blog. Frantic infotech  provide the <a href="https://www.franticpro.com/flutter-app-development/">flutter  app development</a> such as an information about software development for customer service. Frantic infotech  also provide the <a href="https://www.franticpro.com/flutter-app-development//">mobile app development</a>. The development of advanced web applications is Orient Software’s specialty and we will successfully fulfill all your web application development requirements, from small-sized to wider-ranged projects.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

Il y a 2 m

I am very happy with all the articles on this website, I hope you will continue to have the same posts to share with everyone copium meaning

1 Message

• 

60 Points

Il y a 2 m

Hello, my name is david and I have been happily married to my wife for 22 years. I do completely understand your being self conscious about being seen without your dentures in. But, if I may bore you with just a small bit of my life I'd like to let you know that my wife has had dentures now for the past 13 years. Even though she brushed her teeth and and flossed and generally took good care of her natural teeth they started going bad and rapidly got worse. The next thing I know my beautiful wife had lost her smile.😞 She would only grin for family photos and such,  and would cover her mouth with her hand when she got tickled about anything. Now as her husband this bothered me tremendously. Because to that point in our life together if my wife was happy she had a smile on her face and that made me happy and assured me me without words being spoken that all was right in our little family. Now that was being taken away not only from her but me as well. All I wanted in this world was to give her her beautiful smile back so I would get my smile from her that always just seems to not only make me smile but as I said before "assured me that all is well with our little family that we have made together over the years". I paid to have a full mouth extraction and have her dentures made. And that smile that I  so longed to see again eventually returned.  But to be honest she was extremely self conscious about me or anyone else seeing her without her teeth in. And I finally sat her down and asked her to talk to me about what her concerns were about me seeing her without her teeth being in. She started crying and said that she was afraid that I wouldn't be attracted to her anymore and that it was very hard for her as a female who has always been self conscious about her appearance. I hugged her and tried my best to assure her that she had nothing to worry about as far as me not being attracted to her. I told her that when her teeth were going bad , It never kept me from loving her or being attracted to her. And now that she had her teeth pulled it would never keep me from loving her or being attracted to her. I Assured her that the only thing I was concerned about was her happiness and the well being of our children. I didn't push the issue but I told her to rest assured that with or without her teeth in  I was every bit as much in love with her and attracted  to her now as was when we began our life together. And that I  hoped someday she would feel comfortable enough in that fact that being without her teeth in while I was around and or awake would no longer make her uncomfortable. 22 years ago we promised each other that we would spend our rocking chair years together. And I can honestly say that I am more in love with and attracted to my wife now than I was in the beginning. It took her about a month or so after that talk, when I came in from work one day there she was sitting on the couch without her teeth in. I could tell she was nervous and was waiting on me to say something. And honestly all could think of in the moment was "Smile for me sweetheart ".  And she did even though she probably wanted to do anything other than than that at the time,  she did anyway.  To that BEAUTIFUL smile I replied, SEE BABYDOLL,  WITH OR WITHOUT THEM YOUR BEAUTIFUL. I've always loved your smile and for me it's the happiness that's behind that adorable smile that matters not the teeth. She asked me how she got so lucky. 🤣😂🤣😂 I AM THE LUCKY ONE and for 22 years I've told her every day how lucky and blessed I am to have her. Kind of a mushy memory for a man to be sharing in a public forum,  but it's every bit the 100% truth and I'm not now nor will I ever be embarrassed by the love that I have for that lady of mine. Like I said it's been around 13 years ago when my wife had her teeth pulled.  I ran across your question in this forum because I was searching for ways to ease the sore gum pain of a full extraction because 13 years after my wife,  it was my turn. I had 23 teeth extracted last Friday and of course was online looking for answers on a quick fix to my new dentures leaving my gums sore, when I seen your post. And a flood of memories of my beautiful wife being self conscious about me seeing her without her teeth in came flooding back. Just thought I would share my little story with you so that maybe it would help ease your mind about being self conscious with your husband. If he truly ment what he said the day that he took you as his wife then rest assured that your happiness and being comfortable will be all that matters. Oh, one last thing. The VERY FIRST THING that my wife said when my sister brought me home from my teeth being pulled Friday was "SMILE FOR ME BABY". To which I smiled for her and then started crying because that touched me deep in my heart that she remembered that being the first thing I had said to her after seeing her without her teeth in. 

I wish you all the best and hope that you understand that teeth are nice and all, but it's truly the happiness that's behind that smile that really matters. God bless, from Tennessee. 

2 Messages

• 

128 Points

@Bonehead74​ that is so sweet! Thank you for sharing and you are absolutely right. I know my husband assures me all the time that it doesn't matter to him even when I cried that my new dentures I got 2 days ago at first looked like horse teeth, they've settled into my mouth better thank God but it's men like you and my husband that we need more of. I can tell you really love your wife, you are both very blessed. 

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

Il y a 2 m

MIkegets up earlier than I do. This is disrupting any intimacy we may have. Can I sleep in my dentures??

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

Il y a 2 m

It is actually a nice and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you simply shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.  Modelo webcam desde casa