Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

27 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Fri, Jul 14, 2017 10:07 PM

In case anyone is iffy about their decision to get dentures...here is my before and after

Responses

125 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

3 years ago

You just reinforced one of my reasons for getting mine done! Your smile is great.

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

I have been reading positive and negative comments .Having 10 teeth pulled Monday and immediate dentures. Your before and after pictures made me feel better.

119 Messages

• 

2K Points

Superb I had myself no bone hardly left and big gaps. When I was a child for about twelve years I wore silver caps due to my condition. But your smile looks wonderful and this support group is lifting my spirits. Not feeling as down about the whole thing as I was before

1 Message

• 

84 Points

Hugs to you! I agree about the smiles I see on here with dentures are very nice! So encouraging! I am on here because my 28 yo son was told he needs such exstensive dental work that he should just get dentures. He is very depressed right now.

119 Messages

• 

2K Points

Please tell your son MJ to hang in there, its not an easy decision and it certainly isn't an enjoyable decision at all but if it is better to get dentures and live healthy, then that is the best choice or implants for that matter. I don't particularly enjoying having to wear dentures or having to deal with the sticky gluey adhesives as it is a nightly new headache but I do not regret ridding myself of loose painful teeth and implants will make it all worth while even the more... 

97 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

MJ, I am 28 years old as well, and had my full extractions done the week before Christmas. I went through depression as well, but it gets better in time. I am almost to three months with my temporaries, and I already am more confident than I was. I am not hiding my mouth when I talk like I used to. I'm not going to lie, there will be random days where the depression kicks in, but you just have to stay positive and think about the long run. The sooner he can get them done, the better. I wish I did it sooner.   

27 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

3 years ago

Thank you!

67 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Your smile is gorgeous. Do you have implants or just a denture? How was the whole experience.....talking, eating? I'm getting a full lower in 2 weeks and so scared I won't be able to talk, eat or keep it in. Was wondering how it went for you because your teeth look amazing

27 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Thank you!

The experience was definitely something else. I am almost 5 weeks with my full set. They are just dentures...no implants. My first soft reline has somewhat disappeared so I have started using adhesive when I plan on eating something really chewy (example:I just ate hotdogs so I used adhesive) Talking wasn't an issue for me at all but eating is still something that I am working on. I did have the issue that if I spoke fast my bottom denture would pop up and pinch the inside of my bottom lip...that was horrible lol

But I was expecting the worst when I got mine and it wasn't NEARLY as bad as I thought it would be.

Good luck!! You'll do fine.

67 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

I had one more question.....how long after your extractions did you resume normal activities....work? Going out? Wasn't sure if I'd be laying low for a while

125 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

It was 2 days for me.

27 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

I got 15 extractions on a Wednesday so I took that day, Thursday and Friday off. I also had the weekend to recoup bc I had a large cyst in my jaw that had to be enucleated as well. My recovery period was a bit longer. Also...BE CAREFUL!! When you get your dentures be careful of certain things that you do like yawning and SNEEZING. I sneezed on day 2 and my bottom denture popped up and then back down really quick and it busted 2 stitches and my gums separated and grew new tissue instead of just healing. I have to have another procedure done once I'm completely healed to snip off the extra tissue now...

9 Messages

• 

274 Points

3 years ago

Thank you for sharing that!! On the 31st I will get mine. Can't wait for a smile like that!!

27 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

It's pretty crazy to look in the mirror after having messed up teeth for so long and seeing this! I am so happy with my decision and wish I would've done it sooner!! Good luck!!

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

For the first 2 weeks at least I couldn't pass a mirror without smiling and staring. I am so so happy with my choice and love my new smile. But another BIG GREAT thing is I just feel so much healthier. Lol. I feel the same as u Casey I wish I would have done it sooner! Lol

9 Messages

• 

274 Points

Oh I definitely should've done it sooner too. Mine are SO bad. I'm contemplating taking before and after pictures but I haven't been able to yet. I've got 15 days to decide. Lol

27 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

I definitely would if I were you but it's your choice. I decided to for a few reasons...

1) I have kids and I can use my "scary" before picture to help me get them to brush their teeth lol (it works)
And

2) It is a reminder of a hard journey...I've always documented how things have went for myself but it's really your preference.

If you'd rather forget what your teeth looked like before your dentures then get them and don't look back! But just think about it bc one day you may "hate" your dentures (as I have been frustrated with them quite a few times so far lol) and you will be able to look back at that picture and remind yourself of the reasons you chose to get dentures. Either way, good luck :)

9 Messages

• 

274 Points

Thank you!! I could always take it, post it, then delete it. If I ever need a reminder, It'll be on here. :)

10 Messages

• 

400 Points

3 years ago

What a great smile, congratulations. 

27 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Thank you!

34 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

3 years ago

Wow!! Very nice.  There should be a section where we post our final pics as an encouragement for others.  Great smile!!!

27 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Thank you!

133 Messages

• 

170 Points

Hello Good News i have only one son Kelly Shakeel and he was about going to die after he was diagnosed with Heart cancer and brain problmes, so i was going to Dr and my Dr said he has just three weeks to live, killy is my only son my family and my only best friend, and I couldn't afford to lose him. I started searching for help on-line to make sure my son don’t die, then I found someone name Khan Merriam saying about Dr Sandy, I told him about my problems and he gave me some words of encouragement tell me abut his Herbal medicine that he will do and sent with UPS POST OFFICE WITH MY HOME ADDRESS and he did an sent me herbal medicine and he instructed me on how to go about it, Dr Sandy also said my son will not die that he will be heart cancer free days after using the medicine , I did exactly what he asked me to , now my son that was suppose to live for just two weeks has lived two weeks more and he is very okay , he is fine , just like any other children my son is fine.i was so happy and tell the HERBAL DR about my illness Herpes 2 and ask if he can cure that hes say yes happen again he send me the herbal medicine and use it for 14days too but now me and my son is fine and live a good life, i did not know what to say or do for you papa Srandy all i can do is to tell the word about you and give my life to you pls friends help me thanks him Lesson: Don’t give up in life; 
 HE HAVE CURE FOR THIS ILLNESS. HIV HERPES BODY CANCER HEART CANCER BLOOD CANCER HPV ALS EASY PROBLEM E T C.. 
what ever you are passing through today can be your testimony tomorrow:  Email;  dr.sandyspelltemple@gmail.com  dr.sandyspelltemple@hotmail.com  dr.sandyspelltemple@yahoo.com  OR call Whats App Number +2349031726182 https://www.facebook.com/Drsandy-SPELL-HOME-2-226270587825982/
 THANKS  FOR SANDY..... 

36 Messages

• 

726 Points

3 years ago

My midline is slightly off but I can smile! That was taken only a few days after the extractions so I hope to have a better fit as the months go by. My decision was a hard one but I didn’t want to leave my house. This will hopefully change my life. I hate showing this to others but i made a decision to do this and want you to know I believe it will be worth it in the end! I can smile again!! Look at how awful my teeth were! I didn’t take care of them, I had horrible crowding and I smoked (quit 1.5 years ago). I had never had dental treatment and so they just decayed and broke off. Do this for your health, that is the most important part. Infections. Waking up with a swollen face. The tooth pain. I hope all of this will be gone forever.

30 Messages

• 

606 Points

2 years ago

Your Smile is Beautiful.

107 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

2 years ago

Your smile is beautiful!  I had 9 teeth extracted on 2/22 (9 is all there were left).  It has been a process.  Yesterday, as I ate my soft boiled egg sandwich for lunch, my bottom plate popped loose on one side.  Today, I had a tuna sandwich and the whole bottom popped loose.  Had to take it out, rinse and dry and re-"glue".  Luckily, I have an appt. with my dentist on Friday to make some adjustments such as trim the palate so i don't gag, and fix the gap between my gums on the bottom and the denture.  But, all and all, I am not the least bit sorry I did it as I can now smile again where I had stopped doing it before.  It must show something in my face because I have noticed more people nodding and smiling at me when I walk past.  It's nice and this part too will pass.