Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

4 Messages

• 

100 Points

Mon, Nov 27, 2017 5:26 PM

I’m going for my extractions for my uppers tomorrow. I I’m wondering how much time people took off work? I

Responses

12 Messages

• 

292 Points

3 years ago

I had both uppers & lowers removed at the same time - had them done on a Thursday and went back to work the following Monday - so 2 days off from work plus 2 weekend days.

5 Messages

• 

228 Points

3 years ago

For me, no time off.  I'm retired.  Besides, I work for myself.  I'm a writer, so I didn't take any time off.

9 Messages

• 

232 Points

3 years ago

I took 5 days off

8 Messages

• 

200 Points

3 years ago

I had it done on a Friday and back to work on Monday and I had a double shift on Tuesday. I was in pain somewhat but made it through.

55 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

3 years ago

I just had 24 extractions a week ago today. I've been back at work for 3 days, so I guess 4 days off, but one of those was Thanksgiving. Today is my first really good day. I'm pain free and so happy and excited about my new teeth. I just tried adhesive for the first time and that is awesome. Adds a nice cushion and hold. Mainly be ready for the first week to be hell week. Someone had told me that and it still didn't come close to being accurate. I wanted to throw my dentures off a 3rd story balcony on day 3 and thought I had made a huge mistake. Just stay strong, get through the first week and you will be amazed at how much you love your new smile and how great you feel. Also, if you are having a lot of extractions, it's completely normal to have a headache. I had a week long headache that no pain medication would help. Today it's almost gone, I have no pain in my gums. Amazing what a week can do.

4 Messages

• 

100 Points

3 years ago

Thank you for your wonderful advice.

55 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

How did it go? How are you feeling?

4 Messages

• 

100 Points

3 years ago

It went very well. Pain is manageable. I agree about the headache. They look great so it will all be worth it in the end. That’s what we all have to remember that it is so worth. Thank you for your kindness

205 Messages

• 

5.1K Points

3 years ago

I had mine done on a Thursday, went to work Tuesday (we are closed Sunday and Monday. I coukd have gone to work Saturday but didn't have to. I own the shop (dog groomer) and have a full staff. Saturday my fave was black and blue and swollen but I took 1 pain pill for 11 extractions and needed nothing else. I was eating within 3 days. Now. The next SINGLE extraction?? Much more pain. But I love my smile.

4 Messages

• 

100 Points

Your smile looks great

205 Messages

• 

5.1K Points

Thank you!! It was horrible before. Broken teeth. Missing teeth. Chipped....horrible. much happier now.

51 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

3 years ago

Debi, Your teeth look great! I work from home so I can’t really say how much you should take but it took me about 5 days to really feel comfortable. Do what feels right for you! Take your pain meds as needed and rest as much as you can. It helps with healing and overall well-being.

Just some backstory about my procedure:

I didn’t have much pain with 16 top extractions but with my denture getting loose I have some sore spots and an ulcer which actually causes me more pain than anything else in this process. It’s so crazy that I have more pain now than the first 3 days after the extractions. Just keeping in touch with your dentist will help too when it comes to adjustments and relines. I get an adjustment tomorrow so I hope for more good days than bad after that.