Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

85 Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Fri, Apr 14, 2017 3:26 AM

I'm 37, had ALL of my teeth pulled today and in my temporary dentures... having a very hard time.

Having such a hard time with this.  It's painful, but I know it just happened.  Emotionally, I'm just not doing real well.  I feel like I'll never eat or speak normally again.  Just a shock.  The story is that my front teeth (I've always had great teeth and took very good care of them) suddanly started to seperate.  I decided finally that I was in a financial position that I would want to get braces to fix it.  Well I go in and have my xrays and it turns out that even though I still have all of my teeth, I have major bone loss due to infections below the gums and they all have to come out.  I had never even noticed how loose my teeth were until it was pointed out.  So today was the day.  I have an amazing Dr.  The teeth look great.  But I'm just having a hard time coping.  Did anyone else go through this?

Responses

6 Messages

• 

236 Points

a year ago

You'll be fine Brittney, it's all fear and worry before, but once you are actually there having it done, you will be relieved and wonder what all the worry was about, ten bottom front teeth is a good number to keep, if they are ok, I had all my teeth pulled in one visit, I could have kept my six upper front teeth and six lower fronts at a push, although they were loose and turned grey in colour, I could have spent even more money on bleaching and retainers etc, but I decided to have them pulled with the rest, they were still nice and straight from braces in my teens so it was a dilemma but after I saw pictures of modern dentures and how natural and white they looked, I wanted full dentures, but it's up to you, if your front teeth are fine, try and save them Brittney.

2 Messages

• 

72 Points

Thank you so much for replying! I'm working through it as best I can! Definitely a lot of nerves before hand.

6 Messages

• 

236 Points

Let me know how you go on!

1 Message

• 

64 Points

14 days ago

I know this is an old post...but I found this community feed doing some research on getting dentures.  I just had my 45th birthday and getting upper dentures in a month. Im nervous and excited about this. 

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

12 days ago

Me over here 🙋🙋🙋🙋🙋 I'm 39 just had all my remaining teeth removed at the beginning of the month I got immediate dentures but wasn't able to put them in till my follow-up visit today. I had cavities and my baby teeth and a real bad sugar habit so I knew this day was coming eventually. I always thought by the time it came I would be rich enough to have porcelain veneers put in or something like that.

Since I didn't have the 50,000+ dollars for the procedure recommended by one dentist, I returned to a dentist I had prior to moving to the area where I live now. He had done the implants I already had. He told me we could add a few more implants and do a fixed denture. I will still have to take them out though.

I am not sure about you, but my lack of ability to chew was a surprise. for some reason I was just expecting these to feel more natural than they do. I definitely was surprised by the plasticky texture the teeth have.

On a personal note I am currently single, and have all these thoughts about how my supposed to be able to kiss someone these things or what will they think the first time I have to take them out before we go to sleep. It's pretty frustrating too. I feel as though I have been waiting for a while now in order to have my teeth fixed and be able to eat certain foods again. Also I haven't been dating at all because I wasn't happy with the lack of teeth I had. At the time of my extraction appointment I was missing all of my lower right teeth except one in front and all of my upper left teeth past my incisor.

I had big dreams eating cheesesteaks and dating. Now I'm just feeling uncomfortable and ridiculous looking, not to mention the awful taste in my mouth from whatever it is they use to create these things. have you been able to eat anything yet? I mean besides ice cream and oatmeal and bread of course. I tried chewing and onion rings earlier but I just ended up biting my lip a lot🙄

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

12 days ago

Wow I feel like such an idiot I just saw that this post is like three years old I'm hoping you've gotten comfortable with your dentures by now! 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

I know a lot of the post on here are old im having trouble finding an up to date post for people that are new to dentures, i just had all my teeth pulled 9/11/2020 and only received my top denture immediately, i go in for my follow up today to see when i can get my bottoms.