Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

3 Messages

• 

122 Points

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 8:20 AM

I think my Dentist made my new dentures badly...advice please!

I just had all my upper teeth removed and an immediate denture placed. I did not get to do a wax try-in before receiving the immediate. I hate my new teeth. In my opinion, the teeth are far too small and the gums are way too big and poofy. I have done some research and think maybe they used too large of a plate when they made my molds? But I'm not positive with that. I'm more depressed now then I was with my real teeth. These gums are way too big and look rediculous. I spent a lot of money getting these and wanted a beautiful smile. What is wrong with my dentures? Can anyone help? Advice please!!

Responses

15 Messages

• 

340 Points

2 years ago

He did do a horrible job,so sorry.im going thru this with my bottoms,I'm very depressed..your gums should be alot flatter

40 Messages

• 

724 Points

2 years ago

Okay, in these pictures the gum looks quite large but they are only immediates. If I pull my upper lip up I see my gums too, BUT when I smile naturally, I can't see the gums on my denture. When you look in the mirror, rather than taking pictures, and smile naturally do you still see the gums? If you do, you need to speak to your dentist about this. 

Remember that these are only temporary (as are mine) and hopefully when you get your permanent set they should not be so cumbersome I don't think.

I hope this helps a bit and others will also advise you but I think the main message is, if you are not happy go back to your dentist asap.

3 Messages

• 

122 Points

Here is a picture of me smiling. It looks horrible. I never looked like this before. Notice how it pushes my lip up and out? Cause the gums are so large. The gums are so large I can barely press them together like if I was smacking my lips after putting on lipstick..I can't press my lips together anymore...

15 Messages

• 

340 Points

Didn't realize these were her preliminary dentures

92 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

Hi Nicole, your immediate dentures look horrible. The gums look swollen. I would asap go back to your dentist and demand a new set. If you accept those temps just imagine your permanents. Don't let them get away with those horrible made temps.

26 Messages

• 

636 Points

Going back anytime there is an issue is your right. They HAVE to attend to it!!! 

40 Messages

• 

724 Points

2 years ago

Okay, have you contacted your dentist?

3 Messages

• 

122 Points

2 years ago

I have a post op appointment on Tuesday. Unfortunately, they are not going to be open Saturday or Sunday. I plan on calling on Monday to let them know I want them to make me a new set. Now, on the sides of the denture, where the gum is so large, it is actually making my cheeks hurt. 

40 Messages

• 

724 Points

2 years ago

Good plan! I hope everything works out for you, please let me know how you get on. Wishing you all the best.

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

2 years ago

He did a horrible job.  There is to much pink material and your teeth look very short.  Demand that he re does them.  Or get your money back and report him to the BBB.

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

2 years ago

With all do respect, terrible work if this dentist!
The fact that he had you in his office and did not make any mention of the obvious problem, is BS and make's me question this dentist integrity and qualification's!
You are gorgeous with a wide smile!
Not only are your temp's gummy with micro teeth attached, your teeth should be big enough to also fill in the dark hollow's of the side's of your mouth.
I'm reading people are stating these are only your Temp's, as if you shouldn't worry because this is normal.
This is not normal, and Temp's are about 90% of what the actual perms will be. The reason you wait for the Perm's is because the bone needs to fully shrink.
You are gorgeous and your new dentures should help add to your beautiful face with a great smile!
Do not let your dentist get over on you!
Why did he not take an impression anyway? I hate to say it, but this has a lot to do with it!
Good luck beautiful girl!

26 Messages

• 

636 Points

The temps are the perms, they just realign them. They cannot possibly do that with what they gave you so I totally agree with everyone, get on his butt!

7 Messages

• 

134 Points

a year ago

The dentist didn't even put the teeth on the ridge line. That's crazy. What a horrible job they did and come on that's just not how dentures are made. I'm sorry you had to deal w this. It's frustrating. I have a ton of huge issues w mine. I think if I ever can afford implants I would have my teeth done by a denturist.... Sounds like they do a much better job than dentist.. Who rarely make them... Plus no sending it to the lab, the expert denturist sees you with his own eyes and can easily figure what's best and fix issues. ..... And some professionals should not attempt making them if they don't have the experience required. Hope things have gotten better for you. I'm young also and have had nothing for 6 months(yeah 6 months worth of mistakes).... So disheartening.

4 Messages

• 

102 Points

a year ago

Girl... Yes he made them bad... I really hope your perminate ones r better ... Be careful girl. They don't care if u like them or not.
I went and got me a set last week and they used the biggest size teeth on mine and they r slanted inwards. This is my 2nd set my first fit poorly but I dealt with them until the kids accidently threw them away. They were pretty I got to choose the size of the actual teeth and the shade of them the first time as well as my sister and one of my other friends got to choose the size and shade.
The lady at the front desk got mad cause I was trying to talk to my sister on the phone and asking her for sure that she got to choose. She came in and told me to quiten down cause I was being loud. I apologized and got off the phone.
I've been saving money to get these ones and when they brought them to me... I told the lady the teeth looked funny. I went in today to get them fixed and they told me I had to pay another hundred dollars to get them fixed. I didn't messthem up the lab did. They have sharp ridges in the top and bottom pallet and my gums r now cut and have huge sore on them. I told them to give me my money back and she said they are keeping 20% of my refund for the "materials" they had to use. Naw I already paid for the materials and it's not my fault they screwed them up cause they was in a hurry to finish them. Then they tried to fix the bottom ones where they're loose and the top ones where they pop up in the back and made them worse now they don't stay in at all..
They don't fit and they r just ugly I've been crying all day cause I wasted $600.00 on these ugly teeth. My gum part on them r to big as well. They did a horrible job on these. I have 3 kids and 600.00 is a lot ALOT of money for me. IDC if they're the "cheap" ones.. that's what the lady at the front desk told me.. I got what I paid for... Called me a liar pretty much. I am super mad I took my ugly teeth and walked out of the office.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 months ago

I was wondering how your story ended?