elaine_worlds's profile

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

Fri, Jan 6, 2017 7:19 PM

I have upper identures, and I can't stop my tongue from sucking on the roof of my dentures. Is there something I can do to stop this?

I have upper immediate dentures, and I cannot stop my tongue from constantly sucking on the roof of my dentures? Is there something I can do to stop this? HELP!!

458 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

5 y ago

First how long do you have dentures?  I have bottom and my tongue sometimes goes there is because they are a foreign object in your mouth.  You need to suck on a mint to distract yourself.

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

I've had them for  almost three months.  Will my tongue ever get used to them and relax? 

17 Messages

• 

374 Points

yes. you'll soon get used to them. It takes a while, but one day you'll find you don't even realize they're there, they just become a part of you.I have had a top for many years and am new to a bottom partial (5 months), my tongue often finds its way to explore the foreign object in the bottom.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

I got immediates seven days ago. For the first three days, my tongue was in OCD mode and constantly exploring the roof. For me it's a stress habit. Now my tongue is tired of the game and has paused for now. 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Going on 9 months and I still find this happening. It's less now but I seem to do it more the looser they get. Having another pair made so hopefully that will help. Good luck...

21 Messages

• 

560 Points

It is normal, I used to do that before I got my dentures,

1 Message

• 

60 Points

8 m ago

I've had my upper partial dentures for 2 years now and I constantly suck on my denture. Making my throat hurt now. Anyone know if  hypnotherapy  would help me? I really cannot stop myself. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

I want to thank you this great idea! I love every bit of it. I have a bookmark you look at your new things.

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

Write more, that's all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. 

driveway coloured concrete

1 Message

• 

60 Points

8 m ago

That's a very good post, This post give truly quality information, I'm definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here, read more for extra info.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

The dental group might need to check your mouth after treatment to ensure that everything has cleared up. In the event that it hasn't, they may suggest additional treatment. Now and again you may have to treat your mouth for quite a while. It is critical to have new false teeth made like clockwork. Regardless of whether you don't have any teeth left it is significant for you to go to your dental group for standard registration to ensure that your mouth stays solid. 

Sara,
https://www.montgomerycountytree.com/tree-service-in-norristown-pa

46 Messages

• 

766 Points

8 m ago

Nope.. nothing to stop it but just you making a habit of NOT doing it.

I still do it and still have trouble getting used to the plastic on the roof of my mouth.. and it has been 4 years.  

It will, in time, just become natural for you (and me) and we will stop.. but nothing but pure determination and will power will do it!

Hang in.. there are worse things... 

60 Points

5 m ago

I have had both top and bottom full dentures for 3yrs, I suffer terribly from sucking & chewing them,  I have tried sucking peppermint's but got sick of this as I still  suck and chew my teeth all day long, only time I notice I don't is when I'm busy doing  anything. My gums do ache from chewing. I had a reline 7 months after having teeth out, I don't need glue they are great when I eat, if I use glue to see if that would help stop chewing it made them way too tight and made no difference to my chewing and sucking  issue.

I would also love a any ideas on how I can stop this tiring problem. 

(edited)

12 Messages

• 

150 Points

3 m ago

I had mine done in Wichita Kansas 20 years ago and I haven't experienced anything like that, I am sorry you have to go thru that.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 m ago

Hello there! This is my first comment here, so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your articles.

waterproof full sealed iphone 13 pro max case

11 Messages

• 

170 Points

2 m ago

Thank you for the information

1 Message

• 

60 Points

24 d ago

Dentures can also cause your gag reflex, particularly in the event that they make bigger to some distance into the again of your mouth. What to do: Sucking on lozenges from copywriting listing or sugar-loose difficult sweets will assist with more salivation.