Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

7 Messages

• 

210 Points

Thu, Aug 13, 2015 2:30 AM

HELP! They say I lost my bottom dentures.

I went to the dentist yesterday and had 19 teeth removed. 3 of the molars were a real problem to get out! I had used my maximum dose of Novocain and still had 7 teeth to go - she wanted me to go home and come back the next day! I said NO! just finish! So she did, fortunately the remaining ones were not "too" bad! I did have a tiny dose of Halcion before the whole procedure. My entire skull felt like someone used it for a football because she had SO much trouble with those molars. She put the dentures in and got my husband stuck gauze in my mouth and told me to bite on it and sent me home. He left me in my recliner and went to get my pain meds from the pharmacy.  Also, went back to the dentist because they did not give us any 'discharge instructions'. When he got back I told him, "I cannot feel any bottom dentures" so he looked and said 'there are not any'. Well! I was suppose to get them, I got top ones why didn't I get bottom ones? So I thought they forgot to give them to me.

When I went back to the dentist today for a check up they told me "You lost them"!!!   HOW COULD I HAVE LOST THEM???  My husband was with me almost constantly. He was a nurse for 30 years, he pays attention!  I was in the car, in my chair and ALL the rest of the time in bed, in pain!  We searched, the car, the living room, the bed, the floors, the bloody towel, that I had with me from the time I got in the car - !  How could they fall out and neither one of us know? One piece of gauze fell out onto my shirt and I caught that right away and put it back!

Now they have to take new impressions - as they don't keep the original ones!  AND they can't do that until next week.

Do you all really think that I lost them??  

Responses

14 Messages

• 

324 Points

5 years ago

No way did you lose them!

38 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

I don't think you lost them--i think they misplaced them or forgot to have them made.

7 Messages

• 

210 Points

Thank you ! They swear they put them in my mouth and that I let them fall out and lost them WITHOUT KNOWING IT. I do not believe they ever gave them to me! BUT now I have to pay for new ones! How can they fall out and me not know it????

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

I highly doubt that you lost them. They probably had them on the tray and whoever did the cleaning of the area through them away.

I would raise hell and if insurance paid for any of the teeth contact the company and let them know that you didn't receive them.

Was this at a regular dentist or a denture place?

7 Messages

• 

220 Points

5 years ago

wow..i would get a new dentist