Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Mon, Jun 4, 2018 8:09 AM

Happy Gas, ... will I feel any pain? I had 1st impression done this morning and getting all uppers removed next week

Has anyone here done this, what was your experience?
Any advice appreciated

Responses

27 Messages

• 

512 Points

2 years ago

I didn't use the gas but my dentist numbed me up really well I didn't feel any pain but the sounds of your teeth coming out are a little scary. They sound like they are breaking off if you feel anything don't be afraid to tell them.

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

2 years ago

Thanks Kristin, I know I'm a coward but just can't help it, dreading the first 'numbing' needle in particular as I know it will hurt too      , also worried that teeth won't fit etc ( having immediates) 

27 Messages

• 

512 Points

And in no way are you a coward I pinch myself to help get thru it lol

27 Messages

• 

512 Points

2 years ago

Well I'm on day two , they have a big overbite I feel like a horse but after reading everyone posts I feel like it's going to get better. Keep me updated on how it goes since we're pretty close in timing for our teeth. Day 3 is supposed to be the worse so ive ate some snack cakes that I could mush up today.

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

2 years ago

how is the pain,what meds  are you using?... it helps to know someone else knows how I feel :) my acquaintances just say things like " You'll be okay" but none of them have dental problems ( yet) 

27 Messages

• 

512 Points

I don't really have to much pain from the extractions themselves but seriously day 3/4 are horrible my face is really swollen so that hurts. I have been able to manage with just several Ibuprofens I take 2/3 and an advil which don't help my appetite at all. And salt water rinses. I've got an icepack but can't see that it helps I think I just think it does. She prescribed me hydrocodone which I haven't needed and a medicated rinse but it says it might turn my teeth yellow so I'll pass and just use zero alcohol mouth wash. My dentist recommends leaving them in for 4days then taking them out for no more than 15min. on day 5 it's supposed to help because your so swole

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Thanks Kristin,all this is very helpful, I guess that I'm just trying to prepare myself for a 'worse case' scenario ... my apptmnt is now 25th june dentist will be away next week ... I have ibuprofen and panadeine forte  on hand, also ordered Benzodene from US in case of gum sores etc, hoping it'll arrive here before I need it
I hope that you're feeling better soon, I really appreciate you telling me of your progress

27 Messages

• 

512 Points

No problem! By the way your dogs adorable. I've got multiple people I know who had to pull their teeth but none of them wear their denture because the don't like how they look. The lady that did my teeth is a dentist and runs the denture facility she said to look at yourself a lot to get used to them.