Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

19 Messages

• 

460 Points

Fri, Oct 27, 2017 12:23 AM

Got Full upper extraction and immediate dentures today

Today was my appointment. I got there at 1030 and was driving home at 1115. He pulled every upper tooth I had and placed immediate upper denture. Very weird feeling. Zero pain but I need to eat. I tried some yogurt which was not fun. Then I had some broccoli cheddar soup with big chunks of veggies in it. Any idea when I can have some real food? I know everyone is different but it would be nice to have a goal. So far so good just feels like a giant chunk of plastic in there. P.s. they look awesome

Responses

125 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

3 years ago

I ate spaghetti bolagnese day 4 with mash potato. I was still sore so couldnt chew so had small amounts and just swallowed. I was just too hungry to eat just yoghurt or icecream

235 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

3 years ago

I can't swallow right with mine (uppers and lowers) in so I haven't tried to eat with them.  It's been a month since extractions.  I eat mushy stuff with them out and that works for me.  Big chunks of veggies right away seems impossible.  If you can swallow OK, pudding, yogurt, applesauce, mashed potatoes etc. is probably the best way to go for now.  Ensure drink is good for taking way hunger and giving you nutrients also.

125 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

I have uppers and lowers too. Swallowing was hard at first as i gagged so took lowers out which helped with swallowing.im 6 months out now and just had a permanent reline done and eating is so much easier except bottoms would pop up but a tiny bit of adhesive right at the backs has helped immensly.

235 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

So you weren't chewing anything?  I don't see how one can chew when there isn't anything to chew against?

125 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

You can chew without dentures in i done it for 5 months .you just need to put chunkier bits in .alot of foods were out like beans ,steak etc as they are impossible to chew with just gums. But sausages chicken ,hot chips are manageable you do need to use your tongue alot though to help move it around.

235 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

I can't bring my gums together because I have 5 implants sticking up in my lower gums.  I'm working with tongue and roof of mouth.

12 Messages

• 

292 Points

I had all of mine removed back on Sept 14.......its all soft food mostly with my temps out. I can not use my bottoms and I dont wear them. Yesterday I ate a Coney dog with just my top plate - small bites ,,,,,,,,slow process . Can not wait til I get my perms in March of 2018........good luck and it takes time