kelly_fcaa8f's profile

44 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Sat, Jan 31, 2015 2:08 PM

Going Monday for 24 extractions and an immediate full denture, need help with color?

Going Monday to have 24 teeth extracted and have immediates put in. I'm a 49yr old female, within the last two years I have had issues with intermittent tooth looseness. Two weeks ago a lower front tooth got terribly loose and this time it's not tightening back up,now the tooth next to it seems loose. My teeth have always been crooked particularly the lowers and my uppers are rather large with an overbite.Now with all the shifting the uppers look even worse. I don't smile, I havent in years,and I haven't allowed myself to be photographed in about 5 years. My self confidence is totally shot. I've been lurking on message boards for some time soaking in as much as possible so I think I have a good idea as to what to expect as far as swelling, pain,etc. I will endure whatever pain is necessary to finally have a smile that I can be proud of. My question is this....how white is too white? I have a fair complexion that tans well in the summer,green-brown eyes and light brown hair. The temptation to go super white after such a crappy smile for my entire life. Even as a child I hated my smile and would find ways to skip school picture day or "lose" them on the way home. I want a pretty smile....how many of you have wished you had gone whiter? How many regret going too white? Seems like many favor B1?
Thanks for any help or suggestions.....
Kelly

132 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

7 y ago

I was never asked about color so I cant talk on this matter. I wouldnt go to much whiter than your own teeth.

44 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Hi Patti,
Extractions were done yesterday.....OMG.....one tooth REALLY did not want to vacate the premises. He pulled and pulled and added more novacaine and pulled some more. I thought I was going to die. Finally he pulled out some drill like device and after several more minutes he got it. Needless to say I am quite bruised on that side. I wasn't asked about color or anything. Not sure what I ended up with......he said he chose a lighter of the bleached shades.

132 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

ouch...hope you are feeling better now.

25 Messages

• 

650 Points

Hi Kelly. I know the feeling about one tooth not wanting to vacate. My one bottom tooth, which had a hole in it, was the culprit. After shooting Novocain around it, the dentist told me to hang on and shot the last shot down into the hole. OMG!! That was a week ago and I am happy it's over.  

200 Messages

• 

3.2K Points

I picked the whitest teeth I could.I have six pulled at a time.my Last teeth they had trounle numbing them they didn't want to go to sleep.

44 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Wow....seems like most got to make choices. I wasn't consulted at all. The office manager told the assistant a bleach shade and they chose some ridiculous shade of baby pink for the gums....its looks so bad with all the inflamed blood red meat in my mouth right now. I lost count on the needles some where after #40.....my heart was racing and I starting sweating really badly.

94 Messages

• 

4.1K Points

7 y ago

I am returning to my dentist this afternoon to have my teeth pulled and my new dentures and partial put in. We discussed color this morning before I left the office and my dentist showed me various options.  I am a smoker and my natural teeth are the color of 60 year old linoleum. My 'new' teeth will be a moderate white. Nothing extreme; however, he did tell me that because I am a smoker, he will make them a shade whiter because, over time, they will eventually stain some.

Unless you do toothpaste commercials or are related to the Osmonds, I wouldn't think you would want to go to the 'extreme white'. Your dentist should discuss this with you and show you some samples prior to making your dentures.

At this point, after having yellow teeth for 58 years, I will be happy with anything!  But I suggest you look at your options, hold samples up to your mouth/face to see how the color complements your complexion. This is what I did at the office this morning and I feel confident that we came up with the correct shade of white that will work for me.

Fyllis

44 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Good morning Fyllis,
My worrying over color was apparently unnecessary.....I was never asked. I am happy with the color but my new teeth are much smaller than my old teeth. I am concerned about the massive amount of "gum" material on the inside. It feels awfully thick.....

132 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

me either Kelly...in fact until i read on here that others were choosing color i never knew we could. i am happy with mine.

94 Messages

• 

4.1K Points

This is day three for me having my 'uppers' and yes, they do feel thick! Initially, I felt like I had a hockey puck in my mouth, but I am getting used to it and they don't feel so cumbersome today. I still have some minor swelling in my gums and I think that contributes to my mouth feeling 'full'. Time will tell.

I know that they will need some minor shaving because I have a hot-spot where they are irritating my frenulum. Other than that, I have overall tenderness but, that was to be expected. I was able to 'chew' some pancakes this morning.

Today, I am going in to have an impression made for a lower partial and I'll be able to pick it up late this afternoon. I'm looking forward to finally having a full mouth of teeth but I am not looking forward to having 'more stuff' in my mouth to get used to. LOL

Because I am just getting a partial on the bottom, I am still going to have 6 of my natural teeth (3 on each side in the back). They are definitely not the white my dentures are so, my dentist suggested I use a whitening kit to brighten up my remaining teeth. They are on the bottom and in the back so, unless I open my mouth really wide, nobody is going to be able to see them. I'll probably wait to do that until after I get comfortable wearing my dentures.  

Time to get ready for the dentist!

44 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Fyllis, does the upper cause your upper lip to roll a bit? I'm not sure what's going on, hopefully just the swelling but wow.....my mouth seems turned down near both top canines.

132 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Kelly to comment on your question my upper lip doesn't roll under at all. I would think that meant the denture teeth are to short.

44 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

7 y ago

Just wanted to do an update....I got very weak and very depressed due to the whole situation. I went in to the office feeling very sick weak and dizzy. I told them my concerns about appearance, size, and pain. Basically I was told to forget my old smile and be patient while they adjust these to work. They smoothed out a few spots and the dentist said he wanted to do a soft reline in a week or so. At that point I had been wearing the immediates for about 10 days. After the adjustments I was able to actually drink without slobbering and eat very soft foods for the first time. Three days later many ulcers formed. They surrounded the dentures inside outside top and bottom. Jaws were aching, popping, headaches non stop and my face was distorted. The area under my nose was under extreme pressure and and bloody sores appeared at the bottom front. Off for more adjustments. I saw a different doctor at AFFORDABLE. He was patient. He ground so much off the roof of the mouth that I actually had room to speak somewhat better. He ground it down so much there is actually a spot that almost looks see through.. He took about 1/4 inch off the bottom front and some of the bottom flanges. He ground down one lower canine as it has been biting at my lip and left a pretty good sore there. He spent about an hour working on them. I was in so much pain before i arrived.....he was a god! He wanted me to come back in 3 weeks for a soft reline. In just 3 days after those adjustments it started again. Sores started popping up everywhere . Where he trimmed the top front there is a huge gap causing my upper lip to sag into it. My face muscles ache, my jaw muscles aches and my skin feels soooo stretched out. My lower lip is just hanging there and it is hard to control. The glands under my chin are inflamed and hurt like hell. I have to use adhesive in ridiculous amounts or the dentures flop out. I can only chew on one side (old healed spot from molar lost years prior I guess?) the dentures rock and slide and the adhesive lets go when I eat. I truly believe that these dentures were just slapped together without any concern for fit. They are so wide and the teeth are all set on the outside of my ridges. When I bite down they sort of squish on the right molars and I can feel them hit the outside. I'm not sure how much more acrylic they can take off before all that is left are teeth? I go back Monday for yet more adjustments. I quit. I am sure these are not made properly for my mouth. I feel like an ass that I backed down the first time and listened to them. I have decided that they will remake these immediates or I want some of my money back and I will go elsewhere. They did do the extractions so that is money they deserve but as far as the rest goes all they have done is try to cover up their failures. At this point I don't trust them to do the permanents later. How soon should a soft reline be done? Seems early to me.

15 Messages

• 

200 Points

3 m ago

After shooting Novocain around it, the dentist told me to hang on and shot the last shot down into the hole. 

- Decorative Concrete

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

2 m ago

The motive of providing accounts of all ranges on our platform is to give customers what they demand and what they deserve.
csgo accounts
csgo prime accounts
cheap rust accounts
buy valorant accounts