Skip to main content
Denture Living Community
B

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 4:59 PM

Gap in upper immediate dentures

Hi there, new member. Long post here.... I joined the group to gain knowledge and help my husband with his denture process. He recently had 18 teeth removed and immediate dentures on Friday Oct 9th with Affordable Dentures. They were very vague about take home instructions just a bag of gauze, paperwork on what to do and expect along with prescriptions. I've had to call almost every day since then to get info on when he should be doing thus forward past the initial 24hrs...like cleaning...1 time or 2 times a day? Leave out overnight? Should he be using saltwater rinse? Etc.... so today we went in for an adjustment due to dentures not fitting right anymore. Adjustment was done but now he has no suction on immediate upper dentures. Dr looked over the records and said well it looks as though my colleague didn't do the aveloplasty. That will have to be done to help get the dentures to fit correctly.  Mind you we have to file our own insurance which is fine but when we asked if the additional surgery was truly needed and a possible refund on that... this Dr changed his personality dramatically so that i was appalled. I've never, ever witnessed such rudeness or unprofessionalism in my 43 years. I feel so helpless to assist my husband. In the meantime he recommended seabond wafer and a tiny bit of poligrip on palate. Went and purchased...still doesn't work he says there is a gap in the back and it interferences with his speech terribly. He's thinking about getting his money back and going elsewhere. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Michelle 

Responses

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

16 days ago

When pushes up on the back the front comes down and pushes on the front...the back comes down

12 Messages

• 

174 Points

16 days ago

I had all my top teeth removed the 9th also, and have healing dentures in. I can't keep mine in, I go for a reline in a week! I wear them at night now only, he should at least wear them as much as he can for healing purposes. Rinse with warm salt water, use adult orajel as needed. He needs to go in and get them relined asap. I must wait until my sutures have dissolved. I eat /drink only liquid type foods, kind of miserable. I don't know about your dentist, very rude. Ask the nurses there. Mine were very helpful, good luck.

23 Messages

• 

292 Points

I had to take mine too dentures out cause they want stay in for very long 

12 Messages

• 

174 Points

15 days ago

Also, I should mention that the fittings should be included in the denture price. Ask your dentist to be sure. They really need to do the soft reline for the gaps to be filled. They also need to wait until the swelling is down before they can do it properly. I was told not to use a denture bonding cream while my gums are healing, and exposed, even though I have sutures. Any more questions, feel free to respond. :)