Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

10 Messages

• 

274 Points

Sat, May 12, 2018 11:21 AM

Freaking OUT!!!!

Freaking OUT...Wed I had all top teeth surgically removed and three on bottom. I had temp dentures put in on temp immediately. E-day was not bad at all. ..day after a bit more uncomfortable now at 72 hour mark my mouth is like raw meat and the swelling is crazy in my gums and cheeks. My concern is all the white around guns and roof of my mouth!! He didn't put me on antibiotics because I had no infection and he said he would be sure to remove any thing that would cause one (whatever that meant) I called yesterday and Dr said it's more than likely dead tissue. But I'm so freaked out that it could be infection.

Responses

57 Messages

• 

990 Points

2 years ago

Hi Wendy
You look very pretty ! But do you feel better than 4 days ago?
Calendula tea helps wonderful with sore spots in the mouth. I always keep it in my mouth for a while when I rinse with it and it feels so soothing to me. It also promotes tissue healing and helps very good with swelling.
When I had my first extractions done last year I also freaked out about that white stuff around my gums. I googled it and found out that this is a very good sign for healing , sort of like scab on an open wound and in no case it should be removed ( Because I already had a Q- tip in my hand and was about to clean this up...)
But I also think you should show your dentist to be on the safe side and get peace of mind. And like the other Ladies already said, always keep an eye on your temperature.
I hope you feel better, hopefully soon as good as you look!

10 Messages

• 

274 Points

Today is day 9 and my top were I had all teeth extracted is healing up nicely! Except still a couple of ulcers from dentures rubbing. I have had them ground down a bit and its better....now my bottom were I had two back teeth removed is another story....I am still experiencing very tender achy feelings back there. Dr said no infection nor dry socket and he was pleased at how well it was healing. I just dont understand why it is still very achy and tender. He said there was alot of trauma to that area as my teeth were half broke off from decay and they were certainly in the bone good. He also stated he had to smooth the bone down in that area so maybe thats why! Be glad when all is healed up!!

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

HI Wendy
Well you have passed the 9 day mark and seem to be healing well
Perhaps everyone needs at least 2 weeks to recover from extractions and healing
let us hope it is all on the way up from now on
Keep us posted
Barbara