Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

28 Messages

• 

324 Points

Sat, Dec 19, 2015 2:09 AM

Expectations

I am getting my final set of dentures this Monday (Dec 21 2015). What can I expect during the first month, first 6 months, and first year? Particularly during the first month. Will I go through several adjustments? My dentures should be well fitted. My wax inserts I tried in over a week ago were okay. The lowers fit fine but the uppers practically fell out. The dentist put an epoxy to fill in the gaps before sending off the set to the lab for my final set. You don't think my uppers will be that loose do you?  

Responses

30 Messages

• 

724 Points

5 years ago

Should not be that loose.......How long since extractions?....because your mouth will shrink even more. Suggest soft reline immediately.......use "Secure" adhesive or Polygrip......then in about 3 months final relining..................Its been 6 weeks for me and in two months I will be ready for final reline...still require I mod.....but Secure or Polygrip only..

28 Messages

• 

324 Points

I had my extractions done almost 6 months ago. Since then I have been healing and going through various routines at the dentist e.g. impressions, wax rims, and wax dentures fitted for shape and bite. I am going to use Secure.

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

5 years ago

Depending on where you are going through. The first few months I had mine I was getting soft relines weekly and at 19 weeks they did a hard reline. They told me from the beginning that I would get my permanent dentures at one year.