Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

2 Messages

• 

82 Points

Wed, May 2, 2018 3:17 AM

Eating with dentures

Anyone else have a hard time eating with bottom dentures? I’m a month in from having both top & bottom immediate dentures placed. I had 25 teeth pulled, a completely sideways impacted wisdom tooth cut out of my jaw, & the bone fragments removed from my jaw. My tops ones fit great, no issues there. My bottom ones kill me every time I try to eat. I feel like I’m going to starve to death. I can not for the life of me, figure out how to eat with them. I’ve lost 12lbs (guess there is a small bonus here lol), but I just want real food! I have adhesive, it does nothing. I have to clean my bottoms & use more adhesive every couple hours. I just want to eat/chew food!

Responses

12 Messages

• 

350 Points

2 years ago

I am also frustrated because I get severe pain after eating and trying to chew. I have lost 11 lbs since starting down this road on April 6. The bottom denture does stay in place for me. I can so relate to wanting to eat real food.

2 Messages

• 

82 Points

2 years ago

My bottom ones hurt every time I chew! I’ve been drinking protein shakes, and can eat softer foods... But I’m dying for real food. I would love nothing more than a giant cheeseburger with everything piled on it haha. I just feel like I’m never going to get there.

233 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

2 years ago

I know how you feel. I haven’t chewed food in over 7 months. I’m waiting on implants and it was inconceivable to me that I could ever learn to eat with my dentures in. So I never tried. There are plenty of things you can eat with no teeth in at all that aren’t liquid.

107 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

2 years ago

I get it.  I know that getting used to dentures is a process.  But, every time I eat, my bottom set pops loose.  This week, my lunch has consisted of a boiled egg sandwich.  Soft bread, lots of mayo.  I wanted potato chip to go with, so I smashed them up in to very, very, very small bits.  By the time I reached 3/4 of my sandwich, my bottom popped loose.  Makes me want to scream!!!!

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

2 years ago

I use Secure still happens.  If u have no bone like me on bottom this is what happens.  Still did not try cushion grip any thoughts anyone.