Sun, Jun 10, 2018 1:09 AM

Does anyone here leave their teeth in 24/7

Apart from necessary cleaning etc?

Responses

44 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

2 years ago

I leave mine in 24/7 occasionally I may leave the lowers in a glass to soak as they fall out quicker than my uppers , if I can't be bothered reapplying adhesive otherwise I wear them pretty much all the time removing only to clean and rinse my mouth with mouthwash

I'm amazed others don't to be honest especially when other users on this site go on about the joys and bliss of denture implants ie ( dentures screwed in aka being worn 24/7)

11 Messages

• 

272 Points

Hi ,I used to leave mine on night and day because I could never ever let anyone in my family see me with out them because I was embarrassed and I only had uppers at that time so I just got my full set of dentures and realized that if I slept with my dentures in that I would grind my teeth together all night long and my uppers were getting all holes in them from where I was grinding against my real bottom teeth so now I take them out at night and make sure I keep them in a nice clean cup of water so I can pop them in until I get to bathroom on morning and then I can do my business of drying them and putting a little adhesive on my bottom ones because they never stay on but yah I understand fully and if you want to wear yours 24/7 that’s totally up to you and thanks for being honest

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

2 years ago

Wow! quick reply, thanks Alex! I 'd rather leave them in if possible but I haven't even got mine yet, lol
Getting uppers removed and immediate ( also permanent) denture on 25th June ... absolutely terrified but thinking that once they're in and all necessary adjustments completed , if they're comfy I'd just leave them in ..
Is it painful to keep removing/replacing them?

44 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

2 years ago

Nah its not painful you fell a pressure on the lowers I suppose but it's as your pushing them down in place I suppose and trying to make them nice and tight the lowers are a real pain in the backside due to less bone to work with, you will have times when your eating and you feel them flipping out as the adhesive has worn away, you can mitigate this by say I dunno your going out with friends fancy dinner at say 6pm? Wait until 5pm to stick the lowers in then, you will find your uppers can stay glued in place especially at first for 3 days mines certainly did they were rock solid, no one except close friends or family know I even wear dentures the world just believes I have really good teeth.

Oh you can simply live off microwavable macaroni and cheese (small macaroni not the fancy bigger stuff and simply swallow in the center of your mouth) good cheese slices and moist corned beef no problem at first aswell

11 Messages

• 

272 Points

Hi it’s patty again I guess what mags is saying is she is getting permanent teeth put in and yah it would hurt to keep taking them in and out every day but I don’t think she should or could but yah with dentures it will stop hurting some day and everyone is different towards the healing process and for me my bottoms are the hardest but I applied dentsurefit that I bought online and omg my bottom stay in much better it’s a soft recliner you do yourself and it’s 49.00 dollars but you put a code in and it will take 10 bucks off and I’m sorry I have to look at what the code is but if you go on YouTube and look up dentsurefit you will come across a guy named bill and omg watch his videos and you will be able to get that code ok?good luck everyone

44 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Densurefit isnt available outside the US the code is GURU and its courtesy of bill westlund im in the UK mags is in Australia, you can use poarcel forwarding services though such as shipito to gain a US address though, although it will cost you extra in doing so

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Thanks Patty, another thing to think about, I'll have a look for denturefit on Ebay maybe?

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

2 years ago

Okay, thanks for that .... I'm guessing that you're young ( I'm old, 68) ... still have my own bottom teeth, just need a filling, so they'll probably see me out
Macaroni cheese, mmm! never even thought about that ... envisioned buying Ensure and lots of tinned soup ( hoping I can dunk me bread in it tho' lol

11 Messages

• 

272 Points

Hi mags I’m 51 and just got my full set and it is very hard cause bottoms keep popping out when I try to eat so I have to go back to dentist and hopefully they can fix them but good luck to you ok

44 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

2 years ago

I had 7 teeth left in my lower gums healthy teeth but told the dentist to remove them intentionally as I felt in for a penny in for a pound I suppose also wasn't keen on colour coding to my existing teeth so went with dazzling white all over lol, as for young? I'm 40 next year so I'm getting on a bit lol

And yeah macaroni and cheese was a lifesaver could swallow spoonfulls no problem soup isn't the best idea not very filling tbh,

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

2 years ago

If it wasn't for emails, I'd never find any replies to my questions, this forum is so confusing, with posts 3 weeks old muddled in with 4yr old stuff
Anyway, thanks for your input, I'm truly terrified of dentists ( school days memories) which is why my teeth got so bad over the years, I saved and saved until I could afford to go private, in the hopes that if I'm not happy with result, at least I can get back  to dentist quickly
Did your extractions hurt? I've opted for happy gas ( can't manage the IV cost)

44 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

2 years ago

Didn't hurt at all biggest issue was the blood loss that retriggered after leaving the dentist I mean I felt my teeth crunching as they were being removed but it wasn't painful, I ended up spending a good few hours after initial extractions though with my mouth stuffed full of new dusters attempting to clot up the blood loss (which had restarted despite assurances from my dentist it was fine, I think he should have applied a stitch to my gums tbh to help seal up the wound), having to remove and change every so often due to not being able to breathe properly, I agree on the website the issue is people join and reply to a topic someone maybe started 3 years ago without realising they are replying to a 3 year old topic and effectively restart the question. As for happy gas it's banned in my country (scotland) due to cases of deaths occurring from people using that option.

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

2 years ago

I'm in Australia and lots of stuff banned here .... I read here that Benzodent was great for relieving sore gums etc. ... can't buy it here so ordered some from Ebay ( US), 
How long is it since you had your treatment .. did you get immediates ...?

44 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

2 years ago

I've been wearing my immediates for a year and a half now, initially it was just 6 months meant to be then I'd be going back in, you see at first I only had the top removed and maintained my 7 healthy teeth they were in a nice little block so thought well why not, after 6 months of 2 different cleaning techniques, ie brush toothpaste denture cleaner and removal I was like emm sod this and trying to match the color of my new dentures with my remaining teeth and vice versa so went back after the 6 months, and said you know what remove the lowers as well, to which I got the replie you may as well persevere another 6 months then till you look into permanents I was due to buy a new permanent set in April this now being June I'm 2 months overdue, so I've been with false teeth not quite a year and a half but 14 months then.

Can honestly say though having tried the half/half ie false uppers real lowers, I have no regrets having them all removed only a greater peace of mind knowing I'll never need a filling or needle stuck in my gums ever again or extraction for that matter.

Best of luck.

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

2 years ago

Well, as far as I know, these immediates will be my permanents ... go back in 6 months for a hard reline and that's it, I'll have to ask my dentist how long they should last ( cost $3000 so,  warranty ?) 
Can't find any posts here from people who have been told that their immediates are in fact, permanent ... have you heard of this? maybe it's just the way they do it here in Aus... most folk I know here have gone without teeth for months while waiting for permanent dentures

44 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

It's interesting thing is your teeth well gums massively shift in some cases, my uppers are miles to big now this from being stuck in place for 3 days for example to falling out unless superglue in pretty much lol, your dentist is just proposing to do a lot of relines then, most people on this site are getting there teeth done on insurance mines were almost free bar a small contribution on the NHS , in your case I'd be expecting a warranty anyway, but at 3k maybe yours are just decent from the start in comparison to others that may get cheaper freebies initially on the NHS for example, with these places rather not doing tons of refines but rather giving you a replacement set 6 months later.

89 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Yes, got me a tad concerned actually, if my gums shrink, they won't fit, I wonder if the hard reline adjusts that? .. so many things I need to ask .... but my dentist is a very pleasant young bloke and tells me that advances in dentistry compared to 40years ago are amazing, so I'll just have to trust him I guess ... anyway, I've already told him ( jokingly) that I'll sue him if I end up looking like a chipmunk 

44 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Thats what the 'reline' mantra is all about really essentially making teeth that dont fit 'fit'. so i expect you will be fine different dentists i think just have there own preferences and ways of going about things,  its only the initial 6 months that the sizing goes way off thats when your gums will move and reshape the fastest due to healing especially after multiple extractions, im going in for my permanents soon im just lasting aslong as i can with the ones i have to lessen the need for future adjustments, my grandaprents for example only had to have adjustments every 3 or 4 years after there gums had settled and thats the kinda system id like to get on/into lol