dentureliving_faq's profile

2.1K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

Thu, Jun 27, 2013 9:02 PM

dentures not holding

I have been using fixodent since last March. I don't care which product I use the stuff disolves in about an 1/2 hour. I still can't with my teeth in. As soon as I eat anything the fixodent starts disolving. Can anyone tell me what's going on. I lost my teeth due to a medical problem. Do I have too much acid in my body causing it to disolve. I haven't enjoyed a meal for over a year. It's real embarassing for your teeth to fall out in public. Help.
(from petunie)

2.1K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

9年前

Have you been to see your dentist? If not, you really need to pay a visit. If yes, but he or she hasn't helped, you need to find another dentist who will help. I am thinking that, perhaps, relining your dentures would make them fit more snugly.
Have you tried other denture adhesives? Secure denture adhesive works differently than others and might work for you. Also, Cushion Grip (which works like a soft lining), especially if used together with Fixodent or another denture adhesive, might work for you. Do a little exploring on this site concerning adhesives and you will see descriptions of these and other products that might help you.
Good luck (and keep trying).
(from IHaveAGreatDentist)

1 Message

• 

60 Points

7分前

Fixodent dissolves quickly with even warm liquids. It is worthless.