marilyn_1fa04f's profile

6 Messages

• 

534 Points

Fri, Apr 4, 2014 6:38 PM

Dentures in immediately after teeth pulled vs wait for gums to heal???

All of the dentists I've spoken to want to put the dental plates in as soon as the teeth are pulled, but is it better to wait?? Have to have this done in the immediate future and very scared. Also am very skinny, really concerned about more weight loss due to not being able to eat!

Responses

133 Messages

• 

170 Points

4 y ago

Hello Good News i have only one son Kelly Shakeel and he was about going to die after he was diagnosed with Heart cancer and brain problmes, so i was going to Dr and my Dr said he has just three weeks to live, killy is my only son my family and my only best friend, and I couldn't afford to lose him. I started searching for help on-line to make sure my son don’t die, then I found someone name Khan Merriam saying about Dr Sandy, I told him about my problems and he gave me some words of encouragement tell me abut his Herbal medicine that he will do and sent with UPS POST OFFICE WITH MY HOME ADDRESS and he did an sent me herbal medicine and he instructed me on how to go about it, Dr Sandy also said my son will not die that he will be heart cancer free days after using the medicine , I did exactly what he asked me to , now my son that was suppose to live for just two weeks has lived two weeks more and he is very okay , he is fine , just like any other children my son is fine.i was so happy and tell the HERBAL DR about my illness Herpes 2 and ask if he can cure that hes say yes happen again he send me the herbal medicine and use it for 14days too but now me and my son is fine and live a good life, i did not know what to say or do for you papa Srandy all i can do is to tell the word about you and give my life to you pls friends help me thanks him Lesson: Don’t give up in life; 
 HE HAVE CURE FOR THIS ILLNESS. HIV HERPES BODY CANCER HEART CANCER BLOOD CANCER HPV ALS EASY PROBLEM E T C.. 
what ever you are passing through today can be your testimony tomorrow:  Email;  dr.sandyspelltemple@gmail.com  dr.sandyspelltemple@hotmail.com  dr.sandyspelltemple@yahoo.com  OR call Whats App Number +2349031726182 https://www.facebook.com/Drsandy-SPELL-HOME-2-226270587825982/
 THANKS  FOR SANDY..... 

55 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

4 y ago

I got my permanents immediately after 22 extractions and I am SOOO glad. In a couple months they will be converted for my implants. I paid $5600 for my permanents, but I did choose to go with the top of the line. I will also be getting a back up pair, just in case. I have saved for this and refuse to skimp on quality.

5 Messages

• 

644 Points

4 y ago

I had 0 pain. I decided to wait to get teeth simply mine were so bad i didn't have any for 8 years. I saved and saved till i had 8000 dollars and i was able to get them out. 28 teeth 2 surgery's. i had them a week apart top then bottom under IV sedation. No pain at all . I mean 0. I have waited to get teeth because i am afraid it would hurt wearing them so i just held off. its been 4 months with no teeth and i can eat anything....... steak Cheetos candy all that stuff that bad for me but i never did get to eat it for years. I am going tomorrow to get some molds made. 4 and half months with no teeth healing. I'm so excited! I have cried twice today realizing that the days being toothless and made fun of are about over. I have been in the background since day 1 of this thread watching the comments and building strength through them. I can wait to post my picture before and after. I just hope 1 person reads this whole thread and gets themselves fixed and do not wait years like me. 

5 Messages

• 

644 Points

1 Message

• 

60 Points

4 y ago

I am 5 days out from my extractions. I had all upper and lower teeth removed. I am very lucky to be getting implants. The dentist shaved my bottom bone and then screwed in 4 implants. On the tops I guess the teeth leave holes that are too big so I had to have bone grafts. They insert bone into these holes then sew them up. These need to heal for 3-4 months before I can get the upper implants. Once I get the upper implants I n then I have another 4 months of healing until I get the teeth. I did this procedure under local only and it was no problem at all. I had to leave my dentist and go to my denturist to get my immediate dentures. so what he did was top me up a bit at the end with some more freezing so while I got the immediate fitted I was still frozen so it didn’t hurt to have the soft Reline pressed into my gums. I am glad to have gone for the immediates. I really feel they helped me heal faster and I could begin learning to speak and practicing right away. I couldn’t bear to be without teeth. I had the work done on Monday and today is Friday. I went back to work today. My swelling is gone. I have a bit of bruising but it is very faint. I don’t think regular extractions cause bruising. I think it was the other stuff but I’m not sure on that. I was given a prescription for pain but I don’t need them today. I did take them every 4 hours from Monday to Thursday but honestly the pain was nowhere near to what some of my tooth aches or tooth infections used to be. I was expecting it to be bad and it really wasn’t bad at all. I put this off for so long because I was afraid. I wish I had done it so long ago. I go Monday for a one week check up with the dentist and I am getting some adjustments on my lower plate with the denturist afterwards. I have a nice smile, I don’t have to hide my mouth or talk weird to cover my teeth and best of all no more tooth pain. As I’m sure most of you know tooth pain is some of the most excruciating pain there is. I suffered for so long out of fear. If anyone is reading this and is putting it off out of fear, please trust me when I say the fear of this is just the fear of the unknown. It was so much easier than I had feared. It wasn’t traumatic, it wasn’t painful per se and it is a quick recovery. There are adjustments to make but I will happily live with all that to be pain free and smiling again.

So after all that my advice is definitely get the immediate dentures! :)

2 Messages

• 

72 Points

I am 3 days out from having 11 extractions on top. I must agree the fear of not knowing caused me alot of anxiety. But the procedure was quick easy and painfree. I thank you for your post as it helped me tremendously get through this.

1 Message

• 

64 Points

4 y ago

I just had all 14 of my remaining teeth pulled yesterday half on to and bottom all front teeth they didn't help me figure out how to put them in correctly and they are not a good fit on the bottom they didn't give me anything for pain had a three hour drive back home crying in so much pain had to go to the emergency room and they gave me some medication and I feel a lot better but Istill in pain.i tried to drink some water and gagged Im having regrets how can I eat or drink without choking?

1 Message

• 

62 Points

4 y ago

Caroline trumbull, hope you feel better. I was told today I need all too and bottom pulled so I won't be able to do that until May because I'm in school and have oral tests..but I hope you find some answers.

2 Messages

• 

72 Points

4 y ago

I just had 11 teeth pulled today and an hr ago which was all my top teeth left. My dentist put my temporary plate in immediately after. The numbness is wearing off and the pain is finally kicking in full force. How long is it going to take for the pain to go away or at least get to a tolerable point?? Please help..this hurts like Heck!!

59 Messages

• 

1K Points

I know your post is from 1 month ago but was just curious if you were giving any pain medications for your dentist from the start and how your feeling now? 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

3 y ago

Had last 6 teeth pulled last Wed - had immediate dentures put on. Slept in and returned the next day for adjustments.  Got more sore spots after adjustments, went back again next day - Friday for more adjustments.  Drove back home - a 4.5 hours drive, had to take out lowers due to pain mid way.  Left them out till Wed monrning - tried again but now so loose they won't even stay in to talk.  Spoke to dds this past Fri - he said to try with polygrip.  Did this Sat morning and they stay to talk but not to eat even just yogurt.
Anyone one else have these issues?

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

3 y ago

I had all my top and bottom teeth pulled at once about 6 days ago and kept the dentures in 24hrs but was so swelled when i went back the next day the dentist said take them out until swelling went down i still cant get top or bottoms back in but swelling has just started going down also i go back in couple weeks for adjustments and the following week for a soft liner put in just want to get these dentures in so i can wear them some b4 the ajustments

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

3 y ago

I had all my top and bottom teeth pulled at once about 6 days ago and kept the dentures in 24hrs but was so swelled when i went back the next day the dentist said take them out until swelling went down i still cant get top or bottoms back in but swelling has just started going down also i go back in couple weeks for adjustments and the following week for a soft liner put in just want to get these dentures in so i can wear them some b4 the ajustments

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 y ago

I am retired and a homebody so I was letting my mouth heal before my dentures, My husband got brain cancer and I had to put off things for myself a bit. He died March 24th and the day after his funeral we found out that my youngest daughter had brain cancer. I have my dentures and her surgery is going to be the 29th of this month. I can't chew or talk very well even though my mouth is healed. I think my problem is mostly due to stress. I still hope for a little advice.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

17 d ago

I had full upper and lowers extracted with immediate dentures. 
Bottom plate became way to uncomfortable after day 4 so it’s out now as it was cutting into my gums.
The pain isn’t nice but the worst is the feeling of blahhh that I have all over due to the pain. 
is this normal or should I be concerned.  I was supposed to make appointment with my denturist a couple days after extraction but just found out they are on vacation till following week. 
I’m seeing all over that the pain should subside by now but I did have a full set of uppers and lowers extracted and immediate plates put in. 
How long should I expect this crazy pain and feeling of death. Just dead tired like I’m hung over. 
Thanks I’m advance for any input you can give. 

Matthew Leavitt

1 Message

• 

60 Points

9 d ago

Can you pay monthly on dentures.