Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Sun, Dec 8, 2013 4:38 PM

Dentures coming loose

I have a problem with denture cream (Fixodent Food Seal) holding after eating hot food or drinking hot liquids! Consequently I end up using cream 2 - 3 times a day. I apply it exactly as instructed on the tube! Any suggestions appreciated!!

Responses

11 Messages

• 

420 Points

7 years ago

I use Fixodent Food Seal and occasionally, not always, have that problem. I've tried several brands of adhesive, including regular Fixodent and had the problem with all of them. I've noticed that although Food Seal does loosen sometimes, it isn't nearly as bad as some of the others.

Of the several brands and styles I've tried, Fixodent Food Seal is far and away my favorite to the point that I've got several tubes stockpiled since our market in this very rural area doesn't always have it.

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

7 years ago

I appreciate your response, I like you have tried others but it seems the mfr could overcome the flaw of coming loose when eating hot meals or hot drinks!!

123 Messages

• 

2K Points

7 years ago

Hi James, we know it's frustrating when your teeth come loose.  Fixodent is formulated to hold all day and should only be applied once per day.  Unfortunately, very hot foods & beverages have been known to loosen denture adhesive.  Some other factors include the fit of your dentures, changes in the condition of your gums or bone structure, and any medications you may be taking.  Also, be sure you're applying Fixodent Food Seal to dry dentures.  Please give us a call at 1-800-214-8871 if we can talk through any questions.  Thanks!

47 Messages

• 

830 Points

7 years ago

James I hope that before u apply the Fixodent make sure your dentures are dry
and then u use a fine line or dots along the edge of your dentures.
Put them in and hold them in place with you thumbs for a few second.
U need to do the uppers first and then the lowers, just make sure they are dry,
your saliva will help to make them adhere better too, hope this help.