J

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Tue, Nov 16, 2021 5:51 PM

Dentures are thick

I got my teeth pulled the start of pandemic March 2020, I just got my dentures October 2021 my dentures are thick they fall out gag me and just no suction, they wouldn't suction at the office but the girl kept telling me to go drink water, has anyone experienced this?

23 Messages

• 

428 Points

11 d ago

I have immediate upper dentures and have the same problem regarding the feeling of thickness . I've been going to the dentist to correct the bite. They tell me not to worry that the permanents will be a better fit. I know my gums are shrinking big time. One thing is for sure though, make sure that your wax ins have the shade you want and the size of teeth you want.  Also the correct bite.. Once you ok it, your stuck with it..

I was wondering if you got any new updates you would share with us? 

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

@Jos_sychz these are my permanent ones I guess I can go back in and get them filed down but I can't wear them at all they drive me nuts I can wear my bottom but after awhile they rub and my gums get sore 

23 Messages

• 

428 Points

JaylinsMom16..You definitely need to go back. My uppers used to give me gums sores on each sides. . Sometimes I was tempted to do adjustments to my denture myself  but I thought maybe I'll crack them if I did. I went back on my first month in and didn't leave the office until they corrected it. I made a fuss over it. My gums were in pain.. I paid $7,800 for extractions, immediate and permanent dentures. I wasn't about to let them not help . Please go back and let them know what's going on with the issues you have. Don't give up.. You got this!!

(edited)