Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Fri, Mar 18, 2016 12:18 PM

Denture broke and snapped!

So I was cleaning my lower denture and when I was drying it with a paper towel I heard a loud snap. I looked at my denture and it was cut almost in half. I'm panicking really bad! These are my immediates and I'm so afraid they won't be able to fix them. I'm waiting for them to open to see if they can help me. I'm so devastated. I just had my reline done so I don't know if that was a factor or not. I'm just in awe right now.

Responses

1.5K Messages

• 

25.3K Points

5 years ago

Hey Lizzy, don't panic. We get people walk in often with broken dentures. Your break is a pretty easy fix. Not sure how many staff are there but where I work it takes about half of the day. You'll be fine! :)

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

5 years ago

Thanks Josie. I called my dentist and they said they can see me first thing Monday morning. I was like this is an emergency and she's like we are booked for today because on Fridays they are open from 8-1pm. I'm wearing my top denture and you really can't notice that I don't have my bottoms on. Plus I was getting a really big sore spot on the back of my lower gums. I just couldn't believe this snapped and I freaked out. This is why I can't wait to have my second pair

1.5K Messages

• 

25.3K Points

I hear ya. Too bad you can't take it in somewhere today to be repaired.  Come here! lol :) Basically a matrix has to made and once it sets you take the lower off the matrix and trim both sides of the denture right where it's split. Then you sit it on the matrix very tightly and add acrylic to it and let it process. Usually a cple hrs. I guess you can survive for the weekend. :/

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

I'll b there soon Josie. Lol. Thanks for the info