Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

2.1K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

Thu, Jun 27, 2013 8:50 PM

Denture adhesive. Ugh!!!

What is the best way to remove denture adhesive from your gums and the roof of your mouth when you take your teeth out? I'm having mega problems with that!
(from c.watkins2@mchsi.com)

Responses

1 Message

• 

60 Points

5 years ago

Wash rag

1 Message

• 

62 Points

Yes, I agree.Use a clean wash cloth dipped in warm water then wipe and keep rinsing cloth or using other area of cloth. It comes of after a few tries.

14 Messages

• 

310 Points

5 years ago

If I touch my palate with anything, I gag and most times vomit.

6 Messages

• 

156 Points

i'm having better luck with my swishing ice cold water, then using my fingers to grab a corner of the now hard paste and pull it up.  I get really sick if I have to fuss too long, swallow the vile stuff, or don't get it all out.  I've only had my dentures for about a month and am still experimenting.  I have found every brand to have a completely different consistency as. 

My immediate dentures couldn't be put in for 2 weeks, because of complications with one of the extractions, so I didn't get that force fit thing that happens with them.
My lower dentures are too big, as they had to grind them to get them over my then swollen gums, which have now been healing, causing the poor fit. This will be corrected in about 6 weeks when I get a soft reline, at which time I will start using Seabond.  Seabond is a wafer and stays together in one piece, usually still attached to the plate.  My stepmother wouldn't use anything else.  I have heard from meany fellow travelers that we will find what works for us, get used to the process. 

33 Messages

• 

1K Points

5 years ago

I think we have all had this issue and Im sure its been covered here over and over. Ive read every thing from gauze to coconut oil. What works for me is pretty simple after I take mine out of the evening and Im brushing my teeth I just brush the top of my mouth and it gets any left over adhesive.

48 Messages

• 

252 Points

2 years ago

Get profit of the most healthy denture adhesive cream in the world with up to 45% OFF before Winter Sale ends up at https://shop.olivafix.com/